WHAT: Please join media relations representatives from ESPN and U.S. Bank Stadium for an important X Games media orientation and course preview event on Monday, July 16, at 9 a.m. CT. The event will provide tips and info about covering the X Games, credential access, available resources and more.
Immediately following the event, media will be provided with a preview of the courses in and around U.S. Bank Stadium. X Games representatives and course builders will be available for interviews. Dress is casual, and light refreshments will be provided.
WHEN: Monday, July 16, from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. CT
WHERE: U.S. Bank Stadium – Thompson Reuters Press Level via Admin Gate
For the Media Orientation & Preview Event, media will enter through the Admin Gate, located on the southeast side of the 11th Avenue South. After clearing security, take a right and proceed to the media elevator, taking it to the Thompson Reuters Press Level on the 3rd floor. Credentials are not required to be picked up for this event.
WHO: Key staff assigned to produce editorial news coverage of X Games Minneapolis should attend the orientation session. All are welcome to cover the preview day.
MORE: During this informative media orientation session, X Games Communications staff will cover the following topics:
- Overview of X Games Minneapolis venue maps (U.S. Bank Stadium, The Armory)
- Review X Games Minneapolis competition and music schedules
- Review media accreditation policies and credential pick up information
- Media Center schedule (including media work space and catering)
- X Games Minneapolis 101:
- Overview of action sports disciplines
- How to gather key content (Media zones, athlete interviews, photo pits, video restrictions, etc.)
- X Games Minneapolis key athletes to watch
Please RSVP to [email protected] if you plan on attending the media preview event.
Olivia Wilson, ESPN Communications, 904-303-3538, [email protected]