ESPN’s Full Court Press for 2018 NBA Team Media Days
Interviews with Top NBA Stars LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward and Joel Embiid
ESPN3 and the ESPN App to Carry Live Media Day Coverage on Monday, September 24
ESPN is bringing a full court press to its 2018 NBA team media day coverage on Friday, Sept. 21, and Monday, Sept. 24. Several top ESPN NBA commentators will document coverage from around the league throughout each day across ESPN platforms. Additionally, ESPN will have an on-site presence at several key camps. ESPN’s coverage will include high-profile interviews and newsworthy footage and content from each camp.
ESPN interviews to include:
- New Los Angeles Lakers top star LeBron James one-on-one with ESPN NBA reporter Dave McMenamin – to air Monday;
- Boston Celtics’ star duo Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward with Rachel Nichols (The Jump host) to air closer to the start of the season;
- Philadelphia 76ers star Joel Embiid one-on-one with Nichols and he will also appear live on The Jump on Friday as the show emanates from Philadelphia.
Footage from these interviews and more will air on ESPN’s The Jump (3 p.m. ET) and within SportsCenter (12 p.m. and 6 p.m.) both Friday and Monday. ESPN NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski will appear across ESPN platforms on Monday to provide reports, updates and additional analysis on news from the media days. (Note – The Jump airs Monday on ESPN2).
ESPN will have an extensive on-site presence, including at each of these camps:
- Friday, Sept. 21 –
- Dallas Mavericks (ESPN NBA reporter Tim MacMahon);
- Philadelphia 76ers (Rachel Nichols).
- Monday, Sept. 24 –
- Boston Celtics (Rachel Nichols, ESPN senior writer Jackie MacMullan);
- Golden State Warriors (ESPN NBA reporters Nick Friedell and Baxter Holmes);
- Houston Rockets (ESPN reporters Stefano Fusaro and Tim MacMahon);
- Los Angeles Lakers (ESPN NBA reporters Dave McMenamin and Ohm Youngmisuk);
- Minnesota Timberwolves (ESPN reporter Michelle Steele);
- Oklahoma City Thunder (ESPN NBA reporter Royce Young);
- San Antonio Spurs (ESPN reporter Michael Wright).
On Monday, Sept. 24, ESPN3 and the ESPN App will carry live footage from several team media days including, the Milwaukee Bucks, Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers, Denver Nuggets and Toronto Raptors. Media day coverage will generally start at 12 p.m. ESPN3 and the ESPN App will carry additional footage from the Atlanta Hawks and New Orleans Pelicans team media days.