- Led Cable in Prime Time
- Led Cable in Total Day in the Key Male, Adult Demos
- Studio Shows Bring All-Network Daypart Victories among Men 18-34
ESPN began the year leading all of cable for January in prime-time audience and in total day for the key male and adult demos. The network also led all networks – broadcast or cable – among men 18-34 for three separate weekday three-hour dayparts.
- Among all cable networks, ESPN was the leader in prime time among total audience (P2+) with an average of 2,591,000 viewers; males and adults 18+, 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54; as well as males 12-17.
- In total day, ESPN was No. 1 among all fulltime cable networks for males 12-17 and males and adults 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54.
- Weekday studio shows have a proven track record of success with young men, and January was no exception. ESPN led all networks – broadcast or cable – among men 18-34 from 10 a.m. ET – 1 p.m., 4-7 p.m. and 11 p.m. – 2 a.m. These dayparts include various editions of SportsCenter (including the 6 p.m. show which has seen an increase in audience for 11 straight months), plus First Take, High Noon, Highly Questionable, Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption.