The road to Tampa begins on ESPN, as the 64-team bracket for the NCAA Women’s Tournament is revealed during the NCAA Women’s Basketball Selection Special presented by Capital One on Monday, March 18, at 7 p.m. ET. The two-hour special will begin on ESPN, before moving to ESPNU at 8 p.m.
Host Maria Taylor, with analysts Andy Landers, Rebecca Lobo and bracketologist Charlie Creme will reveal the teams vying for a national championship, along with analysis from LaChina Robinson, who will report live from the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Selection Committee meeting in Indianapolis.
Selection Special Highlights
- Rhonda Lundin Bennett, chair of the Committee, will be interviewed in the first hour of the show
- Region-focused analysis, as well as players to watch throughout the championship
- Live reactions, video and photos from Selection Monday watch parties across the country
- Interviews expected with several head coaches; Highlights from conference tournament winners
The Selection Special is also part of the Tournament Challenge Marathon, bringing 25-consecutive hours of coverage and analysis as fans prepare their brackets via the ESPN Tournament Challenge App for the men’s and women’s college basketball tournaments.
Fans will get a glimpse at the Committee’s discussions prior to Selection Monday. In the 5 p.m. hour of SportsCenter on Sunday, NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament Selection Committee chair Rhonda Bennett will join Zubin Mehenti and Michael Eaves to reveal, in alphabetical order, the final eight teams which will be considered for the women’s tournament. Out of this list of eight teams, four will make the tournament and four will not when the complete women’s tournament bracket is announced Monday. Lobo will join SportsCenter to discuss the ‘debatable eight.’
SEC Now: Women’s Basketball Selection Special is set for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, March 18, following ESPN’s NCAA Women’s Basketball Selection Special presented by Capital One. The show is hosted by Alyssa Lang along with ESPN college basketball analysts Nell Fortner and Steffi Sorensen. The trio will talk all things SEC as teams learned their postseason fate just moments before. The special will also feature reactions, watch parties and interviews from the SEC teams who earned their way into the tournament.
- Charlie Creme will assess the bracket, its biggest surprises and snubs.
- Mechelle Voepel will examine the wide-open feel of the NCAA tournament and each top seed’s path to the Final Four.
- Around the Rim: LaChina Robinson and Charlie Creme will interview selection chair Rhonda Lundin Bennett on Monday
- espnW also will feature expert picks breaking down every region of the bracket and predictions for the Final Four, and look at the winners and losers in the NCAA tournament bracket.
- Women’s Tournament Challenge: espnW and the WNBA have created a group for fans. Users can join, create their bracket and then compare it to brackets of players such as Breanna Stewart, A’ja Wilson and more.
The exclusive presentation of the 2019 NCAA Women’s Basketball Championship Presented by Capital One begins Friday, March 22, on ESPN, ESPN2 and the ESPN App, and continues through the NCAA Women’s Final Four (April 5-7). The complete schedule will be announced next week.
All games aired on an ESPN network will also be available to stream live through the ESPN App, accessible on computers, smartphones, tablets and streaming devices to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated service provider.