ESPN Images photos from interview: https://bit.ly/2JxViZA
This morning, on ESPN’s popular morning debate show First Take – featuring Stephen A. Smith, Max Kellerman and host Molly Qerim Rose – Magic Johnson, former president of basketball operations for the Los Angeles Lakers, joined the show in his first in-depth television interview since abruptly leaving the team in April. Today’s interview addressed many of the key topics that have been asked in Los Angeles and around the league.
On the First Take set at ESPN’s Seaport Studio in New York City, the basketball hall of famer addressed what really went into his sudden departure. He explained a disagreement about Luke Walton’s future with the team, how he felt betrayed by Rob Pelinka – the team’s general manager, whether he regrets not speaking with LeBron James, if he would be interested in buying the Lakers and much more.
- Full explanation: https://bit.ly/2EjK5HS
- On backstabbing comment: https://es.pn/2VT953B
- On betrayal by general manager Rob Pelinka: https://bit.ly/2YBSTjZ
- On not telling LeBron James: https://es.pn/2W9Hmeg
- On potentially buying the Lakers: https://es.pn/2EwvpFB
- On Lakers championship hopes: https://bit.ly/2Wa1vRv
Contact:Michael Skarka at 860-766-1342 or [email protected]