The 2019 ESPYS presented by Capital One, hosted by entertainer extraordinaire Tracy Morgan, will air live on Wednesday, July 10, at 8 p.m. ET on ABC from Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The award show gathers top celebrities from sports and entertainment to commemorate the past year in sports by recognizing major sports achievements, reliving unforgettable moments and saluting the leading performers and performances.
ESPN will provide three hours of pre-show coverage live from Los Angeles beginning with ESPYS Red Carpet Live at 5 p.m. ET on ESPN2, then carrying over to ESPN from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET. Pre-show coverage includes:
- Hannah Storm hosting from the top of The ESPYS red carpet.
- SportsCenter with Kevin Negandhi and Sage Steele live from the red carpet, joined on set by some of the night’s top athletes.
- Laura Rutledge and Maria Taylor reporting from various locations in the area including the Undefeated Lounge at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, The ESPYS red carpet and inside Microsoft Theater.
- Pre-taped athlete features with reporting by Victoria Arlen.
- The ESPYS Red Carpet Show Live: Presented by Bolt 24 featuring hosts Cassidy Hubbarth, Katie Nolan, Dianna Russini, and The Undefeated’s Clinton Yates with live coverage on Twitter from the red carpet one hour prior to the show, at 7 p.m. ET. In addition to interviewing athletes and celebrities about the year in sports and pop culture, the hosts will incorporate discussion topics and questions directly from fans and viewers on Twitter.
- The Undefeated’s Red Carpet Show Live on Twitter and Facebook, with hosts Kelley Carter and Justin Tinsley, celebrating black excellence and achievements. The show, which begins at 7 p.m. ET, will feature interviews with red carpet arrivals and hand curated interviews from The Undefeated social audience. In addition, Tinsley will create an aux cord session of best celebrity picks, which will be available on Spotify after the red carpet.
The 2019 ESPYS Presented by Capital One airs live from the Microsoft Theater at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. What to watch for during The 2019 ESPYS on ABC:
- Arthur Ashe Award for Courage presented to Celtics legend Bill Russell.
- Jimmy V Award for Perseverance presented to high school football coach Rob Mendez.
- Pat Tillman Award for Service presented to Former U.S. Marine Kirstie Ennis.
More information including nominees, announcements and photos can be found in The 2019 ESPYS Media Kit. The ESPYS helps to raise awareness and funds for the V Foundation for Cancer Research, the charity founded by ESPN and the late basketball coach Jim Valvano at the first ESPYS back in 1993. ESPN has helped raise close to $97 million for the V Foundation over the past 26 years. Tickets are available for public purchase at AXS.com. The ESPYS are executive produced by Maura Mandt and co-produced by Maggievision Productions.
About The ESPYS
The ESPYS gather top celebrities from sports and entertainment to commemorate the past year in sports by recognizing major sports achievements, reliving unforgettable moments and saluting the leading performers and performances. The show recognizes achievements in categories such as “Best MLB Player,” “Best Team,” “Best Female Athlete” and “Best Upset” and inspiring human stories are showcased through three pillar awards: the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage, the Jimmy V Award for Perseverance and the Pat Tillman Award for Service. The ESPYS support ESPN’s ongoing commitment to the V Foundation for Cancer Research, launched by ESPN with the late Jim Valvano in 1993.
Jay Jay Nesheim ([email protected]) at 646-547-5839
Jennifer Christie ([email protected]) at 646-547-5840