- Williams: Seeks to Tie Record of 24 Career Major Wins
- Halep: Seeks Second Major Title
- Encore on ABC at 3 p.m. ET
- Breakfast at Wimbledon at 8 p.m. ET with Uncommon Access behind Scenes at AELTC
ESPN’s exclusive coverage of The Championships, Wimbledon continues with the Ladies’ Championship on Saturday, July 13, at 9 a.m. ET with #7 seed Simona Halep facing #11 Serena Williams.
Williams is considered by many to be the greatest woman tennis player of all time. She seeks a record-tying 24th Major trophy (Margaret Court). At 37, she is the oldest woman in a Major final in the Open Era. She has won nine of her 10 meetings with Halep and has 72 WTA titles on her resume.
Halep, a 27-year old Romanian, won the 2018 French Open and reached the final of the Australian Open in 2018. She was ranked world No. 1 in singles on two separate occasions between 2017 and 2019. She has won 18 WTA titles.
Chris Fowler and Chrissie Evert will call the match. An encore presentation will be aired on ABC at 3 p.m.
ESPN+ on the ESPN App
Beyond Centre Court, action on courts 1, 3, 12, 14 and 18 is available on the ESPN App with ESPN+. Play – including Juniors, Wheelchair and Invitational (seniors) – begins as early as 6 a.m.
Breakfast at Wimbledon at 8 a.m.
The Ladies’ Championship will be preceded by Breakfast at Wimbledon at 8 a.m., hosted by Chris McKendry. The show will include:
- In an ESPN exclusive that features uncommon access to behind the scenes at the All England Club, Chrissie Evert and Chris Fowler take the walk that players take from the locker room to the entrance to Centre Court.
- The team puts Serena’s career in perspective looking at how her game has evolved.
- In a tribute to Wimbledon tradition, the commentator team will wear all white. Other traditions will be discussed.
- “Do’s and Don’t’s – Follies of the Fortnight”: wacky video from the Championships.
- A review of the Gentlemen’s Semifinals and a look ahead to the Championship.