- Moto X Step Up, Special Olympics Unified BMX Racing and X Fest Free to Public on Thursday, August 1
- Community Days, Women’s Day and Marvel Day Added
As X Games Minneapolis 2019 returns for its third year in the Twin Cities from August 1 – 4, it will host a variety of entertainment and activities suited for the entire family throughout X Fest, which will be located in the Medtronic Plaza at U.S. Bank Stadium. The festival will feature sponsor activations, interactive courses, concessions, athlete meet ‘n greets, giveaways and installations by local Twin Cities visual artists. As an added bonus, X Fest will offer guests who download the official X Games App free Wi-Fi provided by Xfinity, along with the opportunity to win prizes like X Games athlete gift bags, XIP passes and more by playing the X Games All Access game.
Kicking off official X Games Minneapolis competition on Thursday evening, fans can enjoy the X Fest activities and Moto X Step Up and Special Olympics Unified BMX Racing competitions for free. In addition, fans can purchase tickets which include the Skateboard Vert Qualifier and Final, BMX Vert Final and concerts by SWMRS and ultimate cover band Chevy Metal at The Armory Thursday night. An event ticket is required to enter X Fest from Friday to Sunday.
X Fest hours are as follows (all times CT):
Thursday, August 1st 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. (Free to the public)
Friday, August 2nd 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, August 3rd 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, August 4th 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Drawing from the deep pool of Twin Cities’ talent, X Games has teamed up with several visual artists who will bring live painting executions and large-scale installations to X Games Minneapolis.
- Minneapolis local, Hot Tea, will bring back his eight-foot steel installation created just for X Games.
- Other artists, curated by Burlesque of North America, will be painting live throughout X Fest and include Wes Winship, Nmph, Rigs, River, Much, Flora and Todd Bratrud.
- Minneapolis artist Todd Bratrud’s designs will be featured on both staff shirts and guest merchandise.
- Additional staff shirt designs were provided by Don Pendleton and Burlesque of North America, who collaborated with the Wu-Tang Clan on a custom integrated design for the event.
- Burlesque of North America produced the design for the limited-edition X Games Minneapolis skate deck that will be on sale at merchandise sales locations.
- X Games’ bi-annual action sports photography contest, World of X Games Presents ZOOM, will be back at X Games Minneapolis with its signature lightbox installations of the six finalist photographs.
Community Days, Women’s Day and Marvel Day
- Thursday, August 1: Downtown Neighborhoods Day
- Residents living in Ward 3 will receive the opportunity to check out X Fest an hour before public, opening at 4 p.m.
- These residents will also be able to watch Moto X Step Up from a reserved viewing section
- Friday, August 2: Cedar-Riverside Day
- X Games will extend 3,000 general admission tickets to Ward 6 residents
- Residents can pick up their wristbands to attend on Saturday, July 27 at the Brian Coyle Community Center
- Saturday, August 3: Women’s Day
- X Games Minneapolis will celebrate women in action sports, giving away gift bags to the first 300 women who enter X Fest
- Female instructed learn-to-ride sessions will be available at the Skatepark and BMX Pump Track inside X Fest
- Fans can meet Alise Post, 2016 Olympic silver medalist in BMX Racing
- Sunday, August 4: Marvel Day
- Guests can wear their favorite Marvel gear to X Games and stop by the Marvel tent to be entered to win two XIP passes to X Games Minneapolis 2020
Ice Dome featuring Studio X
Head over to the Ice Dome, where guests can dance to the hottest DJ’s spinning your favorite tracks, including long-time X Games athlete Elliot Sloan and Minneapolis’ DJMike2600. Get up-close-and-personal with X Games influencers as they discuss how they broke into action sports, what inspires them to design the world’s best competition courses and learn first-hand about the life of an athlete during the educational workshops presented by Studio X. Additionally, adults and kids alike will enjoy the nightly Prince Dance Party and daily Kid’s Bubble Bash.
Marvel X Trials
The exhilarating Marvel X Trials Obstacle Course will test competitors speed, strength and agility. To be rewarded for their skills, fans can run the course, beat their time and earn a spot to compete in the Marvel X Trials – Summer Warrior Jr. Final on Friday, Women’s Final on Saturday and Men’s Final on Sunday.
TRIA Slingshot Slide
Fans can get an adrenaline rush and ride the heart-pounding, three-story Slingshot Slide.
Minnesota Wild Ice Rink
Ice skate in the summer? Fans sure can at the Minnesota Wild Ice Rink, where they can play games and meet their favorite Minnesota Wild athletes.
BMX Pump Track
After the debut of Special Olympics Unified BMX Race on the BMX Pump Track on Thursday, fans of all ages can take a turn around the track and test their BMX skills.
Harley-Davidson StaCyc Course
Making its X Games debut, the Harley-Davidson StaCyc electric balance bikes are the first powered balance bikes for kids and parents who want to share the love of riding. Little rippers everywhere will get the chance to try out these amazing bikes in X Fest starting on Friday.
Mountain Bike Enduro Track
Love to mountain bike? Starting on Friday, fans can take their skills to the next level at the X Games Minneapolis Mountain Bike Enduro Track, where they can ride bikes over all-terrain features including logs, rocks and dirt.
X Games All Access
Want to win XIP passes to X Games Minneapolis 2020 or an official X Games Minneapolis athlete gift bag? Fans can download the X Games Minneapolis app, available from the Apple or Android store and play X Games All Access, where they can win prizes by scanning unique QR codes around X Fest.
Skate Street Course
What’s better than skating with friends at the Skate Street Course? Skating with friends and eating a free burger. X Fest attendees can check out the Skate Street Course to drop in and gobble up a burger from the Skate Thru window.
Ticket information and full music and competition schedules are available at XGames.com/tickets. Admission to X Fest is included with every ticket purchased.
Additional information on all X Games Minneapolis 2019 events is available on www.xgames.com for fans or on www.ESPNPressRoom.com for media only.
Olivia Wilson, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4145, [email protected]
Danny Chi, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4400, [email protected]
Grace Coryell, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4402, [email protected]