ESPNLA 710 New Weekday Lineup Starts September 3
Mason & Ireland Moves to Afternoon Drive; The Will Cain Show Added at Noon; The Sedano Show Begins at 6:30 p.m. Sedano to also Play Key Role in NBA Coverage
ESPNLA 710 will launch its new weekday talk lineup on Tuesday, Sept. 3, highlighted by the move of the legendary Mason & Ireland show (hosted by Steve Mason and John Ireland) to afternoon drive (3-6:30 p.m. PT) and the addition of The Will Cain Show, one of ESPN Radio’s newest national shows that is quickly growing in popularity, at noon.
“We are excited to further strengthen an already powerful talk lineup by moving Mason & Ireland to afternoon drive and capitalizing on the momentum of The Will Cain Show,” said Scott McCarthy, VP/GM of ESPNLA 710. “These two shows plus Keyshawn, LZ and Travis, LA’s only local sports morning show, and the always compelling Stephen A. Smith will keep listeners updated on local and national major sports stories. Jorge Sedano’s NBA expertise will prepare listeners for the night’s action and takes on greater importance with the high expectations surrounding the Lakers and Clippers.”
Audience has grown across all shows:
- The Morning Show with Keyshawn, LZ and Travis (Keyshawn Johnson, LZ Granderson, Travis Rodgers) continues in the same slot. The average local M25-54 audience has grown by 20% in 2019 vs 2018 (January-July) for LA’s only local sports talk morning show.
- The Stephen A. Smith Show also continues in the same slot. Its average local M25-54 audience has grown by 32% in 2019 vs 2018 (January-July).
- The Will Cain Show debuts at noon. Cain’s national M25-54 radio audience across all platforms in July was up 13% year over year. The show experienced a 33% increase year over year in national audience in July for both terrestrial radio in PPM markets and its ESPNEWS simulcast. Cain, whose radio show has been added in two top 5 markets – LA and San Francisco – this summer, will remain a frequent contributor to First Take, where he often enjoys heated debates with Smith.
- Now in its 25th year, Mason & Ireland, the #1 sports talk show in LA, moves to afternoon drive time. The show is the highest-rated sports talk show in LA in any daypart over the past three years and is delivering some of its best audience numbers ever in 2019. Ireland will remain the play-by-play voice for Los Angeles Lakers broadcasts.
- The Sedano Show (Jorge Sedano) will shift forward to anchor early evenings. Sedano, who will play an integral role in ESPNLA’s Lakers and NBA content, covered LeBron James in Miami and has showcased his NBA expertise across multiple ESPN platforms. Sedano will also continue his NBA duties on ESPN TV.
ESPNLA 710’s new lineup beginning Tuesday, Sept 3:
6 – 10 a.m. The Morning Show with Keyshawn, LZ and Travis
10 a.m. – noon The Stephen A. Smith Show
Noon – 3 p.m. The Will Cain Show
3 -6:30 p.m. Mason & Ireland
6:30 – 9 p.m. The Sedano Show
ESPNLA serves fans with total coverage of sports in Southern California and beyond. ESPNLA 710AM provides sports talk, local and national play-by-play, and breaking news coverage. ESPNLA is the official home of the Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Rams, the Los Angeles Football Club, College Football Playoff, Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association, and has a broadcasting agreement with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Live streaming and podcasts for select content, including all talk shows, are available on the ESPN App. Follow ESPNLA on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, @espnlosangeles.
Contact: [email protected]