College GameDay Built by the Home Depot will originate from Austin this Saturday, as the No. 9 Texas Longhorns faces the No. 6 LSU Tigers. The three-hour pregame show (9 a.m. – noon ET), will be live from Lyndon B. Johnson Library Lawn on Texas’s campus, with Texas Ex, UT professor and the “Minister of Culture” Matthew McConaughey joining host Rece Davis, and analysts Desmond Howard, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit for Saturday Selections – the show’s final segment.
College GameDay will air on ESPN and ESPNU as it does each Saturday throughout the season. This week the show will also be simulcast on Longhorn Network.
The show precedes a full slate of action across ESPN networks, including ABC Saturday Night Football, with No. 6 LSU facing No. 9 Texas. The game will air at 7:30 p.m., with Rece Davis, Kirk Herbstreit and Maria Taylor on the call.
- “Blood Brother”- USC offensive lineman Austin Jackson’s 18-year-old sister is in dire need of a bone marrow transplant because of a genetic blood disorder — Diamond Blackfan Anemia — that impacts her body’s ability to produce enough red blood cells. It is the best option to prolong her life. Her brother, Austin, is a perfect match (Reporter: Shelley Smith)
- Trevor Lawrence- To be 19, a national champion, a face of the sport and maybe… the most famous college student in the country. Tom Rinaldi welcomes us to Trevor Lawrence’s new world, and how he manages everything from grocery shopping to intramural hoops, and why competing means even more than winning – to a player yet to lose
- Herbstreit’s Convo with Sam Ehlinger– Kirk Herbstreit sits down with the Longhorn quarterback to talk criticism, expectations and the big game against LSU
- Bevo vs. Mike– There’s Texas vs. LSU. And then there’s bovine vs. feline in the battle of the best mascot. Gene Wojciechowski sizes up the battle between Bevo and Mike the Tiger
- Corso will make headgear selection No. 333 this weekend in Austin
- He has picked Texas all six times the show has visited Austin
- Corso has picked Texas 11 times – the Longhorns are 7-4 when Corso puts on Texas headgear
- He has picked against Texas five times and is 2-3 in those five games
- Corso has picked LSU 18 times – the Tigers are 12-6 when Lee dons the Tiger head
- LSU has lost each of the last four and six of the last seven times Lee has picked the Tigers
- He has picked against LSU nine times and is 6-3 when picking against the Tigers
- LSU has lost each of the last four times Lee has picked against them.
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- Saturday’s show marks GameDay’s seventh visit to Austin
- The Longhorns are 5-1 with GameDay in town
- This is College GameDay’s first trip to Austin since September 19, 2009 – nearly 10 years to the day; Saturday is road show 368
- This is the ninth time GameDay has been present for a Big 12 vs. SEC matchup. Eight of the previous nine were prior to a bowl game. SEC teams have won five of the eight meetings. Two of the three wins came from Nebraska, who is no longer in the conference. The only regular season Big 12 vs SEC showdown was in Tuscaloosa in 2003 when Oklahoma beat Alabama 20-13.