To share: http://bit.ly/2meTtpO
89.0 Million Monthly Unique Visitors in August, +42% Over No. 2
ESPN App Ranked No. 1 U.S. Sports App for its Second Largest Audience Ever
No. 1 Fantasy Sports App, ESPN Fantasy, Records Best August on Record with 8.1 Million Unique Visitors
ESPN Digital reached 89.0 million unique visitors (up +24% YOY) in August, +42% over No. 2 and the ninth straight record-setting monthly reach. In fact, ESPN.com alone – with 73.0 million unique visitors – would rank atop the U.S. sports category against all competitors accounting for audience across platforms.
Other August highlights include:
- ESPN Digital ranked as the No. 1 U.S. digital sports property across every key metric, as well as all key demographics, fueled by audience expansion among younger and female fans. This includes persons 13-24 (+47% YOY), all females (+28%), and men 13-24 (+39%).
- The No. 1 ranked ESPN app recorded its second largest audience ever, attracting 20.6 million unique visitors – more than double that of the next closest competitor – and 1.6 billion minutes, up +37% and +49%, respectively YOY.*
- The ESPN Fantasy app was the No. 1 fantasy sports app, logging its best August on record with 8.1 million unique visitors, up +19% YOY and +45% larger than the Yahoo Fantasy Sports app.
- ESPN Digital was No. 1 in total minutes with 5.2 billion, which was 1.7 billion more than No. 2 Yahoo! NBC Sports (3.5 billion).
Click infographic to download.
Source: ESPN Research & Insights analysis of Comscore data including Comscore Media Metrix© Multi-Platform, Desktop 2+ and Total Mobile 13+, August 2019, and Comscore Mobile Metrix© Mobile App Only, All Applications, Total Mobile 13+, August 2019, U.S.
* Based on ESPN’s analysis of sports apps found within Comscore All Applications category.