- Full Schedule Revealed Tomorrow on XGames.com
- Tickets on Sale Now at XGames.com – First Chair Ticket Options Available Before Dec. 5
X Games announced today the sports and disciplines for X Games Aspen 2020, including new additions of Snowboard SuperPipe Best Trick, Snowboard Rail Jam and, following the success of Snowboard Knuckle Huck in 2019, Ski Knuckle Huck. After five consecutive years of the fan-favorite Special Olympics Unified Snowboarding Event, X Games Aspen will also add a Special Olympics Unified Skiing Event this year. The full schedule for the event, held January 23 – 26, 2020 at Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen, Colo., will be revealed tomorrow on XGames.com.
- Snowboard SuperPipe Best Trick – Riders will have the opportunity to throw the best trick in their arsenal in the SuperPipe. The competition will be in a jam session format, with eight riders competing for 20-minutes, scored on overall impression.
- Snowboard Rail Jam – For this new addition, riders will take as many runs as possible in a jam session format, using only the rails on the Slopestyle course. Based on overall impression, judges will rank the riders throughout the competition and take into consideration progression, difficulty, execution and variety.
- Ski Knuckle Huck – X Games will continue to celebrate the style and creativity inherent in winter sports with the addition of Ski Knuckle Huck. Instead of hitting the Big Air jump as they traditionally would, riders instead take off the knuckle (roll over) of the jump and huck their most unique trick, finishing in the same landing area. Since the athletes do not get as much height, the tricks must instead rely on technicality and creativity throughout the jam session format.
The full list of disciplines at X Games Aspen 2020 is as follows:
|Ski||Snowboard||Snowmobile & Snow Bike|
|Big Air (M & W)||Big Air (M & W)||Snowmobile Freestyle|
|Slopestyle (M & W)||Slopestyle (M & W)||Snow BikeCross|
|SuperPipe (M & W)||SuperPipe (M & W)||Snow Bike Best Trick|
|Knuckle Huck||SuperPipe Best Trick||Para Snow BikeCross|
|Special Olympics Unified||Knuckle Huck||Adaptive Snow BikeCross|
|Special Olympics Unified|
The three medalists from each X Games Aspen 2019 discipline returning in 2020 and the X Games Aspen 2019 gold medalists from Snow Bike Best Trick and Snowboard Knuckle Huck received an early invite to compete today. The first full round of invited athletes will be announced in the near future. Please visit www.xgames.com for the most updated athlete list.
Tickets and music schedules are now available at XGames.com. As always, general admission to the action sports competitions and X Fest is free to the public.
Danny Chi, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4400, danny.[email protected]
Grace Coryell, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4402, [email protected]
Olivia Wilson, ESPN Communications, 213-405-4145, [email protected]