College GameDay Built by The Home Depot (9 a.m. – noon ET, ESPN) is heading to Philadelphia this weekend, airing live from outside XFINITY Live! ahead of Army vs. Navy. This is the traveling pregame show’s sixth consecutive visit to this game.
The 11-time Emmy Award-winning show is hosted by Rece Davis, and joined by analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi, Maria Taylor and Gene Wojciechowski.
College GameDay will air on ESPN and ESPNU as it does each Saturday throughout the season. Countdown to GameDay Live sponsored by Coca-Cola and Samsung QLED, will also be live on-site on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and the ESPN App, featuring Mike Golic Jr., David Pollack and Maria Taylor.
- Carothers’ Never Quit – For Navy senior linebacker Paul Carothers, sacrifice, service and valor aren’t merely words, they are part of a family legacy. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- The Power of the Patch – This will be the 120th playing of the Army/Navy rivalry–each a season all its own. One proof comes in a very small symbol, with very deep meaning: A patch on each player’s uniform, placed close to his heart. The patches tell stories, offer tributes, and send messages to others in uniform throughout history. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- Malcolm in the Middle – Malcolm Perry had back-to-back season with 1,000 yards rushing for Navy as a running back/quarterback. However, after last season’s loss to Army, Navy’s third straight, Malcolm and his coaches made the decision for Perry to become the full-time quarterback this season. Now the player once pulled from the stands to play, has directed the Midshipmen to a 9-2 record and provided hope for a team looking to snap a losing streak to their bitter rival.
- Army head coach Jeff Monken and Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo will each join the show live
- Live interviews from New York City with Heisman finalists Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Jalen Hurts and Chase Young
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- This is the sixth consecutive year College GameDay will originate from the Army-Navy game
- Fourth time the show will originate from Philadelphia for this game
- Each of the previous five Army-Navy games from which GameDay has originated have been decided by seven points or fewer
- Lee Corso has picked Navy in all five previous GameDay shows from Army-Navy.
Contact: [email protected]