- College Football Playoff Participants, Final CFP Top 25 and New Year’s Six Matchups Revealed on College Football Playoff Selection Show Beginning at Noon ET on Sunday, Dec. 8
- Reporters at Campus Sites and College Football Playoff Headquarters
- Coverage Begins Saturday Night, Continues Sunday on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ACC Network and SEC Network
ESPN’s industry-leading regular season and exclusive multi-platform coverage of the College Football Playoff intersect during the sport’s Selection Day on Sunday, Dec. 8. With nearly 20 hours of programming dedicated to the signature event, coverage will hit its apex with the College Football Playoff Selection Show Presented by AT&T at noon ET. During the four-hour show, the four College Football Playoff teams, the CFP committee’s final rankings and all the matchups of the New Year’s Six will be revealed. Both preceding and following the marquee show will be prognosis and reaction across a multitude of television shows, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, the ESPN App and Twitter.
College Football Playoff Selection Show Highlights:
- College Football Playoff teams revealed at 12:15 p.m.; New Year’s Six matchups at 3 p.m.
- Rece Davis hosts for sixth consecutive year
- Kirk Herbstreit, Joey Galloway, Jesse Palmer and David Pollack join Davis at the main set
- Several personalities join the show, including Chris Fowler, Greg McElroy and Jon Vilma. Other guests, including coaches, are expected to join the program.
- ESPN will have reporters on several campuses, with exact assignments and locations solidified after the championship game action concludes. Current production plan calls for:
|College Football Playoff Headquarters (Grapevine, Texas)||Heather Dinich|
|Ohio State||Tom Rinaldi|
|Baylor or Oklahoma||Gene Wojciechowski|
Reaction Continues Through Selection Day
Championship Drive Presented by Capital One will continue the discussion of the College Football Playoff, the New Year’s Six and the compete bowl picture, with a primetime ESPN special (8:30 – 11 p.m.) and ESPN2 airing a late afternoon episode (4 – 7 p.m.). Analysts Emmanuel Acho, McElroy, Todd McShay, Jim Mora will join host Matt Barrie in primetime, while Acho, Paul Finebaum, McElroy, Mora, Dan Orlovsky, Vilma will join host Kevin Connors in the late afternoon.
SportsCenter with SVP and College Football Final Jumpstart Coverage Immediately Following Championship Saturday
SportsCenter with SVP and College Football Final will be the home to Saturday night’s Selection Day coverage immediately following all conference championship action. Both shows will offer reaction to the day’s events and begin predicting the following day’s outcome. Scott Van Pelt will be joined by numerous guests, including Davis in studio and Herbstreit on remote.
College Football-Centric Programming at 9 a.m. on ESPN2; SportsCenter at 7 a.m. on ESPN
A three-hour Championship Drive Presented by Allstate airs at 9 a.m. on ESPN2 with Finebaum, Galloway, McElroy, Mora, Orlovsky, Palmer, Pollack, Mark Sanchez, Vilma joining host Kevin Negandhi. Nicole Briscoe and Randy Scott will host the 7 a.m. SportsCenter on ESPN and will be joined by college football analysts. The two shows will project what will happen later in the day, with interviews and news from various reporters around the country.
ESPN’s Multi-Platform Selection Day Coverage Includes:
- Sunday NFL Countdown:College football analysts are slated to join the network’s popular NFL pregame show (9 a.m. – noon, ESPN) to talk about the upcoming CFP reveal.
- ESPN Radio: On Sunday, a special College GameDay CFP Selection Special on ESPN Radio with Matt Schick, Brad Edwards and Trevor Matich airs from 7-10 p.m. Additionally, Edwards will join Countdown to Kickoff on ESPN Radio beginning at 12:15 p.m. to provide instant reaction the announcement of the CFP field. Throughout the afternoon, ESPN Radio will continue to provide updates including the announcement of the New Year’s Six field.
- Rankings ReactionTwitter Show: Mike Golic, Jr. and Jason Fitz, along with Christine Williamson, will continue ESPN’s college football digital series with a one-hour Rankings Reactions starting at 1 p.m. The show can be found on the ESPN App and through @ESPN on Twitter
- ACC Network and SEC Network: Both networks will offer bowl specials on Sunday beginning at 6 p.m., examining their conference’s post-season outlook.
- ESPN.com: College Football Playoff reporter Heather Dinich will report from the CFP Headquarters in Grapevine, Texas, beginning Friday and continuing through Monday. On Selection Day, in addition to providing a first look at the CFP matchups and Dinich’s reporting, a sampling of additional coverage includes:
|How the Four Playoff Teams Arrived||Staff|
|Did the Committee Get it Right?||Andrea Adelson|
|First Look at the CFP Semifinals Matchups||Staff|
|Predicting Every Bowl Game||Adam Rittenberg|
ESPN’s Selection Day Television Programming Schedule – Sunday, Dec. 8
|7 – 9 a.m.||SportsCenter||ESPN||Hosts: Briscoe, Scott|
|9 – Noon||Championship Drive: Countdown to the Playoff Presented by Allstate||ESPN2||Host: Negandhi
Analysts: Finebaum, Galloway, McElroy, Mora, Orlovsky, Palmer, Pollack, Sanchez, Vilma
|Noon – 4 p.m.||College Football Playoff Selection Show Presented by AT&T||ESPN||Hosts: Davis
Analysts: Fowler, Galloway, Herbstreit, McElroy, Palmer, Pollack, Vilma
|4 – 7 p.m.||Championship Drive: Rankings Reaction Presented by Capital One||ESPN2||Host: Connors
Analysts: Acho, Finebaum, McElroy, Mora, Orlovsky, Vilma
|6 – 7 p.m.||ALL ACC||ACC Network||Host: Riggs
Analysts: Mac Lain, Manuel
|6 – 8 p.m.||SEC Now: College Football Bowl Special||SEC Network||Hosts: Nowkhah, Burns
Analysts: Doering, Chizik, Nowkhah, Stinchcomb
|8:30 – 11 p.m.||Championship Drive: Who’s In Presented by Capital One||ESPN||Host: Barrie
Analysts: Acho, McElroy, McShay, Mora