No, it’s not the eighth of August, or the eighth of anything or even August at all. That is the magic ESPN8: The Ocho. There is always a place for a full 24-hours of seldom seen sports so Sunday, March 22 on ESPN2 will be just that, a full day of exciting content from Ocho stunts past.
This will be the fourth edition of ESPN8: The Ocho since the initiative began in the summer of 2017, inspired by the 2004 hit movie “Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story” featuring Vince Vaughn, Christine Taylor and Ben Stiller.
The line-up includes:
- Stupid Robot Fighting League: Created in New Zealand by John Espin (Yes, that is his actual name.), Stupid Robot Fighting is a rather unique form of fighting that pits two life-sized hanging puppets controlled by an operator sitting behind each Stupid Robot.
- 2019 Jelle’s Marble Runs: Races in which both participants and spectators are marbles.
- Cherry Pit Spitting: The 46th Annual Cherry Pit-Spitting Competition is held each year in Eau Claire, Mich., with one goal for competitors—to spit the farthest cherry pit.
- Sign Spinning: The 12th Annual World Sign Spinning Championship, held in Las Vegas, brought together AArrow Sign Spinners from more than 50 cities and a dozen countries to asses style, execution, and technical sign spinning ability.
- 2007 World Sport Stacking Championships: Sport stacking can be an individual or team sport where participants stack specially designed cups in predetermined sequences as fast as possible.
- 2019 Death Diving World Championship: An amateur diving sport performed from a 10m platform with separate competitions for Classic and Freestyle.
Cue that “palpable hue of anticipation” . . .
ESPN8: The Ocho Full Schedule of Events
|Sun, Mar 22||Midnight||Johnsonville ACL Cornhole Championships: 2020 Kickoff Battle||ESPN8|
|2 a.m.||World Axe Throwing League: 2019 World Championship||ESPN8|
|4 a.m.||U.S. Open Ultimate Championships||ESPN8|
|6 a.m.||2019 Spikeball College Championship||ESPN8|
|7 a.m.||2019 Las Vegas Highland Games||ESPN8|
|7:30 a.m.||Putt Putt Championships||ESPN8|
|8 a.m.||2019 IDEAL Electricians National Championship||ESPN8|
|9 a.m.||E:60 as part of The Ocho||ESPN8|
|9:30 a.m.||51st National Stone Skipping Competition||ESPN8|
|10:30 a.m.||2007 World Sport Stacking Championships||ESPN8|
|11:30 a.m.||2019 World Sign Spinning Championship||ESPN8|
|Noon||2006 Krystal World Hamburger Eating Championship||ESPN8|
|1 p.m.||2006 Johnsonville Brat Eating World Championship||ESPN8|
|2 p.m.||European TramDriver Championship||ESPN8|
|3 p.m.||2019 Stupid Robot Fighting League||ESPN8|
|3:30 p.m.||46th Annual Cherry Pit Spitting Championship||ESPN8|
|4 p.m.||Professional Arm Wrestling Championships||ESPN8|
|4:30 p.m.||2019 Golden Tee World Championship||ESPN8|
|5 p.m.||2018 Classic Tetris World Championship||ESPN8|
|5:30 p.m.||E:60 on ESPN8 Presented by Liberty Mutual||ESPN8|
|6:30 p.m.||America’s Dodgeball Continental Cup: USA vs. Canada||ESPN8|
|7:30 p.m.||2019 Jelle’s Marble Runs||ESPN8|
|8 p.m.||Slippery Stairs: College Tour||ESPN8|
|8:30 p.m.||2019 Death Diving World Championship||ESPN8|
|9:30 p.m.||Dodge Juggle 3||ESPN8|
|10:30 p.m.||Moxie Games 3||ESPN8|