College GameDay Built by The Home Depot will travel west to Los Angeles this weekend for its first Pac-12 game of the season, Saturday, Oct. 23 (9 a.m. – noon ET). The premier three-hour traveling pregame show will air on ESPN and ESPNU, highlighting key storylines and offering news, analysis and predictions ahead of the No. 10 Oregon at UCLA matchup. GameDay will originate from Wilson Plaza on UCLA’s Westwood campus, capturing the pregame pageantry of the Ducks-Bruins rivalry.
Rece Davis hosts the 12-time Emmy Award-winning show with analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, research producer and sports betting analyst Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, and reporters Jen Lada and Gene Wojciechowski.
This will be College GameDay’s first-ever visit to the UCLA campus. The only other previous trip to Southern California for a UCLA home game was 23 years ago – Oct. 17, 1998 when GameDay travelled to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena for its first-ever Pac-12 (then Pac-10) matchup between Oregon and UCLA.
College GameDay precedes a full slate of games across ESPN networks, highlighted by the Ducks-Bruins matchup at the Rose Bowl, which Chris Fowler, Herbstreit and Holly Rowe will call at 3:30 p.m. on ABC. In all, ESPN networks will feature games involving four of the top-5 ranked teams, including No. 2 Cincinnati at Navy (noon, ESPN2), No. 3 Oklahoma at Kansas (noon, ESPN), No. 4 Alabama vs. Tennessee (7 p.m., ESPN), and No. 5 Ohio State at Indiana (7:30 p.m., ABC).
College GameDay Highlights:
- Never Alone: When Wake Forest quarterback Sam Hartman takes the field for the undefeated Demon Deacons, he’s never alone. He carries the memory of his brother with him into every game – on his jersey and in his heart. Off the field, Hartman has made it a mission to remind others they are not alone either. Reporter: Jen Lada.
- Checkmate: The king of the Oregon defense, Kayvon Thibodeaux is a potential No. 1 overall pick in next year’s NFL Draft. Away from the field, he’s also making moves – dabbling in Cryptocurrency, charting his 30-year plan, and with his love of chess. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski.
- Wired: An inside-access look at Pitt’s quarterback Kenny Pickett from practice this week as he prepares for Clemson
- Behind The Scenes: Christine Williamson gets an inside tour around UCLA with defensive back Obi Eboh
- Noon Game Previews: Live pregame coverage of notable noon games, including No. 2 Cincinnati at Navy (ESPN2), No. 3 Oklahoma at Kansas (ESPN), and No. 7 Penn State vs. Illinois (ABC).
- Chip Kelly On Set: Bruins head coach Chip Kelly – who previously led Oregon to the 2011 BCS National Championship Game during his successful run in Eugene, previews Saturday’s game on set with the GameDay crew.
- Mario Cristobal Live: Oregon Ducks head coach Mario Cristobal joins GameDay to preview Saturday’s matchup
- Bill Walton: ESPN college basketball analyst and famed UCLA alum Bill Walton will make an appearance just a jump shot away from where he starred for the Bruins in the 1970s before being selected as the No. 1 pick by the Portland Trail Blazers in the 1974 NBA Draft.