- High School Football State Champions from Ariz., Fla., Ga., and Wash. selected to participate
- Event returns to Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas
The GEICO State Champions Bowl Series will air live on ESPNU, Friday & Saturday, Dec. 17-18. On Friday, Dec. 17, at 10:30 p.m. ET, Chaminade-Madonna College Preparatory School, the FHSA 3A state champion from Hollywood, Fla., will play Highland High School, the AIA 6A state champion from Gilbert, Ariz. In the second game, on Saturday at 4 p.m., Collins Hill High School, the GHSA 7A state champion from Suwanee, Ga. will play Graham-Kapowsin High School, the WIAA 4A state champion from Graham, Wash.
The event, which allows high school football state champions from different states to compete in postseason bowl games, returns to Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas. ESPN play-by-play commentator Jay Alter and analyst Craig Haubert will call both games.
The AIA (Arizona), FHSAA (Florida), GHSA (Georgia), NIAA (Nevada), UHSAA (Utah) and WIAA (Washington) have approved their member schools to participate in the GEICO State Champions Bowl Series.
Friday, Dec. 17, at 10:30 p.m.: Chaminade-Madonna (Fla.) vs. Highland (Ariz.)
- Chaminade-Madonna claimed their sixth overall Florida state championship this season with the FHSAA 3A state title. No. 68 Sr. Kenyatta Jackson Jr. – DE and Sr. Ryan Turner – CB are both Ohio State commits and their junior and sophomore classes add even more talent and depth. Key wins this season for the Lions came over Buford (Ga.), the 6A Georgia state champion, and against Berkeley Prep (Fla.) in the state championship game.
- In Arizona, Highland came out on top of the AIA 6A Division, which is quite a feat each year considering the stacked competition and talent surrounding the Phoenix area. UNLV will get a preview of their DE commit Fisher Camac, who leads the Hawks on defense. Key wins for the Hawks came late in the season during their 11-3 run, with playoff victories over Red Mountain and Chaparral in the 6A championship.
Saturday, Dec. 18, at 4 p.m.: Collins Hill (Ga.) vs. Graham-Kapowsin (Wash.)
- Collins Hill’s resume includes a 15-0 record and GHSA 7A state title along with the No. 2 ranked player in the country, Sr. Travis Hunter – CB (FSU commit). No. 164 Sr. QB Sam Horn (Missouri commit) makes the offense go, along with No. 116 Jr. Ethan Davis – TE (Tennessee commit). Key wins for the Eagles this season came late against Mill Creek, Lowndes, Grayson and Milton in the GHSA state championship game.
- Graham-Kapowsin captured the WIAA 4A state title on their way to a 14-0 season, with a 50-point average margin of victory. The strength for the Eagles lies up front with DE Andrew Savaiinaea (Cal, Oregon, UCLA) and OL Vega Ioane (Arizona, Cal, Colorado), while Curtis and Hunter Hill on the DL are both committed to Idaho State. Key wins this season came in the later round playoff games against Bothell, Kamiakin and Lake Stevens in the WIAA state championship.
Tickets and additional information are available at www.geicobowlseries.com.
About Paragon Marketing Group
Paragon Marketing Group is a corporate consulting agency specializing in sports, entertainment and cause related sponsorships. Paragon and has collaborated with ESPN over the past 18 years to deliver over 750 live high school sports telecasts featuring many of the top teams and players in the nation. Paragon collaborates with ESPN on the following live properties:
GEICO ESPN High School Football Kickoff & Showcase
GEICO Girls Volleyball Invitational
GEICO Top Flight Invite
GEICO ESPN High School Basketball Showcase
GEICO State Champions Bowl Series
GEICO High School Basketball Nationals
GEICO High School Lacrosse Showcase
GEICO High School Lacrosse Nationals
GEICO Baseball City Series
U.S. Marines NIBC Series
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company), the second-largest auto insurer in the U.S., was founded in 1936 and insures more than 28 million vehicles. For more than 80 years, the company has worked to make people’s lives better by protecting policyholders against unexpected events. As GEICO has grown, it has delivered money-saving coverage and outstanding customer service to policyholders through its investment in human resources and technology. GEICO is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies.
Homeowners, renters, condo, flood, identity theft and term life coverage are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. Commercial auto and personal umbrella coverages are also available.
GEICO has a national workforce of 40,000 associates. GEICO sales representatives throughout the country are licensed insurance agents in order to help guide customers through coverage decisions. To make changes, report claims, print insurance cards and/or purchase additional products, policyholders can access their insurance policy here, connect via GEICO Mobile or by phone. Sales and service is also available at GEICO Local Offices.
Visit www.geico.com for a quote or to learn more.
For further information on the GEICO State Champions Bowl Series and for media requests please contact: [email protected]
ESPN media contact: Kimberly Elchlepp at [email protected]; @kimelchlepp