In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Title IX, ACC Network (ACCN) will offer a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the Pitt women’s lacrosse team as it competes in its first official season as an NCAA Division I program with All Access with Pitt Women’s Lacrosse | The Inaugural Season.
The one-hour documentary will premiere exclusively on ACC Network on Thursday, June 23, at 7 p.m. ET.
This show looks back at the process to start a program after Pitt Athletics Director Heather Lyke announced the university would add women’s lacrosse as a varsity sport on November 1, 2018, and how it culminated February 11, 2022 with the team’s dramatic overtime win in its inaugural game.
All Access with Pitt Women’s Lacrosse | The Inaugural Season will feature:
- An inside look at the Pitt women’s lacrosse team as it completes its first season
- Access and interviews with key personnel that started the program
- Interviews with key members of the team: head coach Emily Boissonneault and student-athletes four-time All-American Paige Petty (graduate transfer from Virginia Tech), Kierin Ratliff-Kailbourne, Karina Latsko, Abby Thorne and Paulina DiFatta and more
- Behind-the-scenes access to practice and games, including pregame and halftime speeches, and postgame reactions
- Mic’d up access with head coach Boissonneault and players during practice and games
- Off the field moments and a look at what a typical day in the life entails
- A look at how the team was built with graduate students, transfers, recruits and former members of the Pitt club lacrosse team
The Panthers earned the eighth seed in the ACC Women’s Lacrosse Championship which begins on Wednesday, April 27. Pitt will face No. 9 seed Louisville in the opening round Wednesday at 2 p.m. on ACCN. The complete ACC Women’s Lacrosse Championship schedule can be found here.
All Access with Pitt Women’s Lacrosse marks the fifth installment of ACCN’s All Access franchise. Previous programs profiled include North Carolina men’s basketball, Miami football and women’s basketball and Notre Dame women’s basketball, as well as the on-going All Access The ACC Life series which features several programs from across the ACC.
About ACC Network
Owned and operated by ESPN in partnership with the Atlantic Coast Conference, ACC Network (ACCN) and its digital platform ACCNX is a 24/7 national network dedicated to ACC sports that launched on August 22, 2019. ACCN televises more than 500 regular-season and tournament games from across the conference’s 27 sponsored sports plus a complement of news and information shows and original programming. Together, ACCN and its digital platform, ACCNX, combine to feature more than 1,500 ACC events each year. ESPN has been televising ACC content since 1979 and has exclusive rights to every conference-controlled game across all sports and championships.
Carriage agreements are in place with the following video providers: Comcast’s Xfinity, Cox, DIRECTV, DIRECTV STREAM, DISH Network, Frontier, fuboTV, Google Fiber, Hulu+ Live TV, Mediacom, Optimum, Sling TV, Spectrum TV, Suddenlink, Verizon Fios, YouTube TV, members of the NCTC, NRTC and Vivicast, among others. All ACCN games will also be available on the ESPN App to authenticated subscribers. Fans interested in learning more about ACCN can visit https://getaccn.com.