The 3rd annual ESPN Edge Conference is set for November 9. The event will be held in-person at The Seaport at Pier 17 on Level-4 by invitation only. The livestream will be available for free via espnedge.com/conference.
On-stage programming runs from 4-7:30pm ET and will be a must-watch for eager sports fans who strive to push the boundaries of advanced technology and creative storytelling. Featured within the agenda are some of ESPN’s most experienced leaders and decision makers who helped bring recent fan favorites to fruition, such as the NHL Big City Greens Classic and NFL Toy Story Funday Football.
There will also be a preview of the upcoming ESPN BET launch, in addition to other key players in sports, technology, and business taking the stage.
ESPN Edge Innovation Center will be a dedicated space onsite housing cutting-edge technology activations from Accenture, Microsoft, Verizon, ESPN Analytics, and more, allowing attendees to explore digital immersive experiences after hearing about them onstage.
“The ESPN Edge Conference continues to build momentum into year three with engaging conversations around the advancements in sports media technology,” said Kevin Lopes, Vice President of Sports Business Development & Innovation at ESPN. “This year some of the industry’s brightest minds will highlight their recent successes, how they hope to impact the future, and what it all means for the fan.”
Said Mark L. Walker, Executive Vice President, ESPN BET, Business Development and Sports Innovation at ESPN: “With the help of our ESPN Edge founding partners Accenture, Microsoft, and Verizon, we continue to provide fans with first-ever sports experiences that have us firmly at the forefront of technology within sports media. This year’s ESPN Edge Conference will give the audience a look under the hood at how we’ve been able to accomplish this, and why it’ll lead to even more sports innovations in the future.”
Tony Reali, host of ESPN’s Around the Horn, will host the night.
- Jimmy Pitaro / Chairman, ESPN, The Walt Disney Company
- Jay Snowden / Chief Executive Officer and President, PENN Entertainment
- Mark L. Walker / Executive Vice President, ESPN BET, Business Development and Sports Innovation, ESPN
- Kevin Lopes / Vice President, Sports Business Development & Innovation, ESPN
- Michele Steele / Studio Anchor, Reporter, ESPN
- Jacob Banks / Musician
- Kelley L. Carter / Entertainment Reporter, ABC and ABC News & Host of Another Act at Andscape
- Tina Thornton / Executive Vice President, Creative Studio & Marketing, ESPN
- Dave Roberts / Head of Event & Studio Production, ESPN
- Mike Morrison / Vice President, Sports Betting & Fantasy, ESPN
- Amir Gelman / General Manager & Head of Business Development Americas, WSC Sports
- Brian Burke / Sports Data Scientist, ESPN
- Seth Walder / Sports Analytics Writer, ESPN
Agenda: (All times Eastern)
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM | On-Site Check-in, Happy Hour, and ESPN Edge Innovation Center is open
- 4:00 – 4:10 PM | Welcome & Opening Remarks with Tony Reali and Jimmy Pitaro
- 4:10 – 4:45 PM | ESPN Edge: Powering the Future of Sports Media Innovation
- 4:45 – 5:15 PM | Innovation across ESPN Creative Studio and Marketing & Production and Talent Integration
- 5:15 – 5:30 PM | ESPN Analytics: Bringing Live Advanced Analysis to Fans
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM | Launching ESPN BET: a conversation with Jay Snowden and Mike Morrison
- 6:00 – 6:30 PM | Break
- 6:30 – 6:45 PM | Technology-infused Storytelling with WSC Sports
- 6:45 – 7:30 PM | Another Act with Kelley L. Carter featuring Jacob Banks, followed by a live performance
- 7:30 – 7:35 PM | Closing Remarks
- 7:35 – 9:00 PM | Cocktail Reception powered by WSC Sports
Speakers, talent, and agenda subject to change.
Visit our website for more information about ESPN Edge.