Female Talent Take Over ESPN Deportes SportsCenter Throughout Ladies Week
To Share: http://es.pn/1R2RZD1
Para Compartir: http://es.pn/1FWXgMn
October 9, 2015
Carolina Guillen, Kary Correa and Carolina Padron host SportsCenter night editions for a week-long special in light of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
For the sixth consecutive year, SportsCenter Semana de La Mujer (Ladies Week) returns to ESPN Deportes to support breast cancer awareness and highlight the significant roles women play in today’s world of sports. Carolina Padron and Kary Correa will be joined by Carolina Guillen to lead the network’s top show in a weeklong special starting Monday, October 12 through Sunday, October 18 for the show’s night editions (11:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. ET).
While the ladies will deliver SportsCenter’s daily news and information, Ladies Week comes to live with a series of special segments around top-ranked female athletes:
- Ronda Rousey, Ultimate Fighting Championship winner
- Nuria Diosdado, six-time Pan American gold medalist
- Lorena Ochoa, pro-golfer
- Paola Longoria, world racquetball champion
- Sexy Star, pro-wrestler
- Zudikey Rodriguez, Pan American silver medalist winner in 4×400 meters relay
- Ana Gabriela Guevara, Olympic medalist in 400-meter race and world champion
- Soraya Jimenez, (special tribute) weightlifter and Olympic medalist
- Brenda Eunice Flores, Pan American gold medalist in 10,000-meter
- House of Her from Nike Women Mexico, women-only facility in Mexico to represent female sports fans
- Jackie Nava, former world boxing champion and National Action Party deputy
- Maria Guadalupe Gonzalez, Pan American gold medalist in race walk
- Becky Hammon, first full-time female coach assistant in the NBA (San Antonio Spurs)
- Jenn Welter, first female coach (linebackers) in the NFL
- USA Women’s National Soccer Team, 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup champions
- Maria de los Ángeles Ortiz, Olympic gold-medalist
- Nahila Hernandez, ultra-marathoner
- Nataly Silva, Pan American medalist in fencing
- Parma Aragón, Mexican National Soccer team psychologist
Ladies Week will feature special guests such as pro-surfer Pamela Verbomen; college volleyball player (University of Southern California) Viviana Candela; Mexico Women’s National Soccer team player Nelly Simón; ESPN Deportes anchor and former soccer player Toni Collins; Homeless World Cup champions Mexico Women’s National Soccer Team; Pan American gold medalist Mexican National Swimming team; and the FIBA Championship winner Mexican Women’s National Basketball team.
Additionally, ESPN Deportes’ reporters Paulina Garcia, Katia Castorena, Fiorella Battaglia, Nelly Simon and Marisa Lara will offer special pieces around the challenges faced by female athletes, as well as the positive impact leading ladies have in the world of sports. Moreover, the outstanding sports journalist specialized in international soccer, Carolina de las Salas, will put the feminine touch in the ESPN Deportes shows Raza Deportiva and Jorge Ramos y Su Banda during Ladies Week.
*Programming subject to change without notice.
Gabriela Núñez, ESPN Deportes – 646.547.5613; [email protected]
Eva Mejicanos, Newlink America – 212.462.8743; [email protected]