Jen Lada Joins the Emmy-Award Winning Show as a Contributor
Lee Corso Celebrates 20 Years of Headgear Picks
ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest-running and most-celebrated pregame show – will be live from Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wis., on Saturday, Sept. 3, for the LSU and Wisconsin tilt (ABC, 3:30 p.m. ET), as part of college football’s best Kickoff Weekend ever. The weekly show airs from 9 a.m.-noon on ESPN and will be located in front of the Brown County Arena on Oneida Street. The visit marks the first to Lambeau Field.
“Lambeau Field is hailed as a football shrine and is as special of a venue as the game of football has to offer,” said Lee Fitting, ESPN senior coordinating producer. “It is an honor to be able to stage College GameDay from Lambeau as we kick off this opening weekend filled with top-caliber games.”
The six-time Emmy Award-winning show is hosted by Rece Davis, who is joined by analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, George Whitfield and Gene Wojciechowski. Jen Lada enters her first season on College GameDay as a feature reporter, who also contributes content to Mike & Mike, SportsCenter and ESPN’s digital platforms.
The visit to Lambeau Field marks a homecoming for Howard, who helped lead the Green Bay Packers to Super Bowl XXXI title and Super Bowl MVP honors.
Corso began making his entertaining end-of-show headgear pick of the team he thinks will win the game at the GameDay site. Opening weekend will be headgear number 277 for Corso, as he is 183-93 all-time in headgear picks. The phenomenon began on October 5, 1996, prior to the Ohio State-Penn State game in Columbus, Ohio when he put on OSU’s “Brutus Buckeye” mascot head to show his pick to win the game – watch here.
- He has won six of his last seven Week 1 headgear picks.
- In 2015-16, he didn’t have the best of years, going 6-12 in his headgear picks.
- Corso is 12-4 when picking LSU and 5-3 when picking against Tigers.
- Corso is 2-2 when picking Wisconsin and 4-2 when picking against the Badgers.
‘The Bear’ College GameDay Week 1 Fun Facts:
- This is the first time GameDay has been to Lambeau Field and the sixth time the show has originated from the state of Wisconsin, with the last being Wisconsin’s 48-17 win over Nebraska in 2011.
- The visit to Lambeau Field marks the third-straight year and eighth time in the last nine years that GameDay opens the season at a neutral site.
- Green Bay is the 74th different city GameDay has originated from.
- Including bowls and SEC Championship games, this is the 25th time GameDay that will originate from an LSU game. LSU is 15-9 in the previous 24.
- Wisconsin is 4-8 with GameDay in attendance.
- This is the sixth time GameDay has been to a game between the SEC and Big Ten with SEC teams going 5-0.