College GameDay Built by The Home Depot is rowing the boat to Minnesota for this week’s show. The three-hour traveling pregame show (9 a.m. – noon ET) will be live from Northrop Mall, preceding a Big Ten matchup with conference championship implications, as No. 12 Wisconsin faces No. 8 Minnesota.
The 11-time Emmy Award-winning show is hosted by Rece Davis, and joined by analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi, Maria Taylor and Gene Wojciechowski. Pat McAfee will join the crew again this weekend, contributing to several segments throughout the show.
College GameDay will air on ESPN and ESPNU as it does each Saturday throughout the season. Countdown to GameDay Live sponsored by Coca-Cola and Samsung QLED, will also be live on-site on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and the ESPN App, featuring Jason Fitz, McAfee, Pollack and Taylor.
The shows precede a full slate of action across ESPN networks, beginning at noon ET. Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Maria Taylor will be on the call as the Gophers faces the Badgers, with coverage beginning at 3:30 p.m. on ABC.
- Minnesota Proud: Minnesota head coach PJ Fleck and Timberwolves head coach Ryan Saunders will join the show live
- Oars in the Water: When it comes to Minnesota’s football revival, you’re either in OAR you’re not. With PJ Fleck, there’s no in-between. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- The Canadian Cowboy: Oklahoma State’s Chuba Hubbard currently leads the nation in rushing, an accomplishment that has made him a celebrity and inspiration in his home country of Canada. Reporter: Jen Lada
- Voice and Echo: This is Andy Burcham’s first season as the voice of Auburn football. Every game, he hears the echo of Rod Bramblett, the legend who had the job before him. In the booth, Burcham is doing all he can to honor his broadcast partner’s legacy. And at home, after tragedy this spring, he keeps a promise he made–to love and care for his friend’s family. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- If Corso picks Minnesota, he will have donned 61 different headgear for his pick
- Corso has picked Wisconsin seven times and is 3-4 when picking Wisconsin to win
- He’s picked against the Badgers eight times, with a record of 5-3
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- Saturday’s show is no. 380 and will be headgear pick no. 345 for Lee Corso
- This is the fifth first-time site this season for GameDay (Disney World, Ames, Brookings, Memphis, Minneapolis).
- There are now only nine Power Five schools from which the show has not originated (Cal, Duke, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia and Wake Forest)
- Minnesota is the 75th different school to host GameDay and Minneapolis is the 89th different city from which the show has originated
- This is the third time P.J. Fleck has been part of a College GameDay show
- Fleck’s Western Michigan team hosted GameDay in 2016; Fleck was a WR for Northern Illinois in 2003 when GameDay traveled to Bowling Green (vs. NIU)