College GameDay Built by The Home Depot is heading to Atlanta this weekend. The three-hour traveling pregame show (9 a.m. – noon ET) will be live from Georgia International Plaza, ahead of the SEC Championship game between No. 4 Georgia and No. 2 LSU.
The 11-time Emmy Award-winning show is hosted by Rece Davis, and joined by analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi, Maria Taylor and Gene Wojciechowski. Pat McAfee will join the crew again this weekend, contributing to several segments throughout the show.
College GameDay will air on ESPN and ESPNU as it does each Saturday throughout the season. Countdown to GameDay Live sponsored by Coca-Cola and Samsung QLED, will also be live on-site on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and the ESPN App, featuring Jason Fitz, Pat McAfee, David Pollack and Marcus Spears.
SEC Network will also be on-site, as Championship Saturday kicks off with a special live edition of Marty & McGee at noon, with Marty Smith and Ryan McGee teaming up to start Saturday’s festivities. The duo will welcome special guest, NASCAR driver Chase Elliott, to the set on Saturday. SEC Nation Presented by Dr Pepper boasts an extra hour of pre-game analysis, stories and highlights, featuring host Laura Rutledge and analyst Paul Finebaum, Marcus Spears, Tim Tebow, Gene Chizik, McGee, Jordan Rodgers and Marty Smith. Additional coverage details are available here.
The shows precede a full slate of Championship Week action across ESPN networks, beginning at noon ET with the Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship on ABC & ESPN Radio. Complete coverage detail and schedule are available here.
On Sunday, the College Football Playoff Selection Show Presented by AT&T (noon, ESPN) will unveil the four College Football Playoff teams (12:15 p.m.), the CFP committee’s final rankings and all the matchups of the New Year’s Six bowls (3 p.m.).
- Guests include Georgia head coach Kirby Smart, Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher and CFP Selection Committee Chair Rob Mullens
- The Case for Chase: Ohio State defensive end Chase Young opens up about his suspension, shares why he is the best player in the country and offers advice to anyone who has to block him. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- Tua Talks: Alabama Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa sits down with Kirk Herbstreit for an in-depth interview on his injury, the decision to play another series and the risk/reward of declaring for the NFL Draft.
- Geaux Burreaux: The LSU Quarterback and Heisman front-runner talks beating Alabama, the emotional conversation that led to him leaving Ohio State and what it’s like to be told you’re not good enough. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- Full pregame coverage on the field at AT&T Stadium prior to Baylor vs. Oklahoma
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- Corso has picked LSU 21 times and the Tigers are 15-6 when Lee dons the Tiger headgear
- He has picked against LSU nine times and is 6-3 when picking against the Tigers
- LSU has lost each of the last four times Corso has picked against them
- Corso is 1-4 when picking Georgia – the first win Lee had when picking Georgia came this September in Athens when Lee correctly picked Georgia to beat Notre Dame.
- He has picked against Georgia 15 times and is 9-6 with those 15 picks
- Corso is 6-1 in SEC Championship Game headgear picks. His lone loser came in 2008 when he incorrectly picked Alabama to beat Florida.
- He has picked the underdog four of the last five weeks with his headgear picks
- The only correct pick of those four came when he picked LSU to win at Alabama
- This is the seventh time GameDay has been to the SEC Championship Game
- The last two times GameDay has been to the SEC Championship Game, it ended with Georgia losing by seven and four points.