College GameDay Built by The Home Depot: Originates From TCU Campus Ahead of No. 15 Horned Frogs vs. No. 4 Ohio State; WWE® Universal Champion Roman Reigns® to Serve as Guest Picker
- Third Visit to TCU’s Campus; Horned Frogs Undefeated in Five GameDay Appearances
- ABC’s Saturday Night Football featuring No. 4 Ohio State vs. No. 15 TCU from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas
- Horned Frogs’ Gary Patterson Live on Set
College GameDay Built by The Home Depot is heading to Fort Worth, Texas, for Week 3, as the traveling pre-game show airs from the Campus Commons on the TCU campus on Saturday, Sept. 15 (9 a.m. – noon ET), and simulcast on ESPNU, hours before the No. 15 Horned Frogs play No. 4 Ohio State on ABC’s Saturday Night Football (8 p.m.) from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Live programming, including SportsCenter and College Football Live, will occur throughout the day on Friday, Sept. 14, and leading into the show on Saturday morning. This marks GameDay’s third trip to TCU’s campus and the Horned Frogs sixth appearance overall, having won all five previous times the team was a part of GameDay.
WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns will serve as this week’s guest picker. The four-time world champion played football at Georgia Tech before brief NFL stints with the Minnesota Vikings and Jacksonville Jaguars. He went on play one full season in the Canadian Football League before retiring.
Host Rece Davis, who is joined by Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, David Pollack and Maria Taylor, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi and Gene Wojciechowski.
Herbstreit and Taylor will join Chris Fowler for the call of the Buckeyes-Horned Frogs, which will be just the seventh-ever matchup between the two schools and their first matchup outside of Columbus, Ohio.
- Trojan Forever– Until a chance meeting in 2016, USC Head coach Clay Helton had never heard of 71-year-old Jan Moser Dyer. Now, he’ll never forget her…or the two words that define her: Fight On. (Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski)
- Turnover/Chain Reaction– From turnover chains to thrones, crowns and chalices, sideline props are the new trend sweeping college football. Might be time to turn over a new leaf… (Reporter: Tom Rinaldi)
Corso to Make Headgear Selection No. 314; College GameDay by the Numbers
Coach Corso will make headgear selection No. 314 this weekend in Fort Worth. The lovable personality now has a career record of 205-108, including 2-0 record this season.
- Corso will look to start 3-0 in headgear picks for the first time since 2014 – just the second time in the last seven years
- Corso has picked TCU five times with his headgear pick and the Horned Frogs have won all five of those games
- Lee has picked Ohio State 26 times, which is second only to Alabama. He’s 18-8 with those headgear picks. Lee has picked against Ohio State 14 times and is 6-8 in those games.
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- Each of the last five games which GameDay has originated from have been decided by seven points or fewer – the longest streak for games the show has attended
- This is the 41st time GameDay will originate from an Ohio State game; that is second to Alabama (42)
- This is the 36th time the show has been to the site of a Top 4 team facing a team ranked 15th or lower away from home. The Top 4 teams are 26-9 in the previous 35 games, including 11-1 in the last 12 and 14-2 in the last 16.
College GameDay has Outstanding Offseason, Winning Three Sports Emmys
College GameDay continues to be recognized as sports media’s most successful studio show, as the premier pregame show was awarded the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Studio Show Weekly, winning that category for the fifth consecutive year and its eighth time overall in the category. The show’s journalism and operations technical expertise was also recognized, capturing Sports Emmys for Outstanding Short Feature and Outstanding Tech Team Studio. To date, the show has won 10 Emmys in the last 11 years.