- An Ode to Animal House: Gene Wojciechowski Travels Oregon’s Campus, which was Transformed into Faber College for the Filming of the Movie, Celebrating its 40th Anniversary
College GameDay Built by The Home Depot is heading to Eugene, Oregon, for Week 4, as the traveling pre-game show airs from the Memorial Quad on the University of Oregon’s campus on Saturday, Sept. 22 (9 a.m. – noon ET), and simulcast on ESPNU, hours before the No. 20 Ducks host No. 7 Stanford on ABC’s Saturday Night Football (8 p.m.). Live programming, including SportsCenter and College Football Live, will occur throughout the day on Friday, Sept. 21, and leading into the show on Saturday morning. This marks GameDay’s 350th road show, and its tenth trip to Eugene – the first visit since 2014.
Host Rece Davis, who is joined by Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, David Pollack and Maria Taylor, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi and Gene Wojciechowski.
ABC’s Saturday Night Football Presented by Wells Fargo will air the Cardinal-Ducks matchup at 8 p.m. ET, marking the return of the sport’s most-watched franchise to Autzen Stadium for the first time since 2012. Chris Fowler, Herbstreit and Taylor will be in Eugene, Ore., for the call of the game.
- Behind Animal House – It has been 40 years since the University of Oregon Campus was transformed into Faber College for the filming of National Lampoon’s Animal House. Although the production has left town, the landmarks and locations of many famous scenes remain. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- Will Grier – In the college football landscape, the West Virginia quarterback holds his own as a Heisman Candidate… but amongst his globally recognized siblings he’s the third most famous. Reporter: Jen Lada
Corso to Make Headgear Selection No. 315; College GameDay by the Numbers
Coach Corso will make headgear selection No. 315 this weekend in Fort Worth. The lovable personality now has a career record of 206-108, including 3-0 record this season.
- Corso has picked Oregon 18 times and is 13-5 in those 18 games; he’s picked against Oregon four times and been right in three of those instances.
- Corso has picked Stanford three times and been right twice. Lee has picked against Stanford five times and been right in four of those instances.
- The Ducks are 14-8 with GameDay present at one of their games. Stanford is 4-5 with GameDay at site.
- Lee has won each of his first three headgear picks and will look to start the season 4-0 for the first time since 2014; he has started 3-0 each of the last two years and lost his fourth headgear pick
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- This is GameDay’s 10th visit to Eugene and the first since September 6, 2014. The only Pac-12 school the show has visited more is USC
- The Ducks are 7-2 when hosting GameDay, with one of those losses a 17-14 loss to Stanford in 2012
- This is GameDay’s first visit to a Pac-12 campus since November 12, 2016 when the show was at Washington for USC’s upset win over the Huskies. GameDay made two trips to the Pac-12 that year (Washington at Utah) and from 2009 to 2016 made 18 trips to Pac-12 campuses, including multiple visits in 2016 (2), 2015 (2), 2013 (3), 2012 (2), 2011 (3), 2010 (3) and 2009 (2)
College GameDay has Outstanding Offseason, Winning Three Sports Emmys
College GameDay continues to be recognized as sports media’s most successful studio show, as the premier pregame show was awarded the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Studio Show Weekly, winning that category for the fifth consecutive year and its eighth time overall in the category. The show’s journalism and operations technical expertise was also recognized, capturing Sports Emmys for Outstanding Short Feature and Outstanding Tech Team Studio. To date, the show has won 10 Emmys in the last 11 years.