For the first time since 2005, College GameDay Built by The Home Depot will head to Jacksonville, Fla., originating from Metropolitan Park ahead of the Georgia-Florida matchup on Saturday, October 27. The 355th road show will air live on ESPN from 9 a.m. – noon ET, and simulcast on ESPNU.
College GameDay and SEC Nation (10 a.m., SEC Network) will originate from the same matchup for the first time ever during the regular season. Commentators from GameDay and SEC Nation will have a presence on both shows, as well as SportsCenter, College Football Live and other ESPN and SEC Network programming, over the weekend leading into Saturday’s shows.
Host Rece Davis, who is joined by Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, David Pollack and Maria Taylor, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi and Gene Wojciechowski.
- Respect the Specs– Georgia kicker Rodrigo “Hot Rod” Blankenship may be recognized for his thick framed goggles, but upon second look, you’ll notice he has the leg and accuracy to be the difference maker in the SEC East race. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- #DoSomething – How the Seminoles’ football family stepped up for one of their own, after the Panama City home of Florida State defensive end Janarius Robinson was destroyed in Hurricane Michael. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- Tiger Walk – 18-year old Tyler Smith, a former high school football player and heart transplant recipient,gets the gameday experience of a lifetime leading his hometown Memphis Tigers onto the field. Reporter: Jen Lada
Corso to Make Headgear Selection No. 320; College GameDay by the Numbers
Coach Corso will make headgear selection No. 320 this weekend in Jacksonville. The lovable personality now has a career record of 207-112, including 4-4 record this season – snapping his four-game losing streak.
- Corso has gotten his Week 9 pick correct five straight, and eight of the last nine years.
- Corso has picked Florida 19 times; 13-6 in headgear picks when picking the Gators
- He’s picked against the Gators 11 times; 4-7 when picking against the Gators
- He is 0-4 when picking Georgia – that’s the most number of times Lee has picked a team without being correct once
- He’s picked against Georgia 13 times and is 8-5 with those 13 picks.
- Corso is 1-2 in headgear picks between Florida and Georgia
- He’s picked Georgia the last two times and was incorrect; Florida has won all three games
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- This is the fourth time GameDay has been to Jacksonville for the Florida vs. Georgia game; 213 shows have come and gone since we last visited this matchup
- First time since 2005, nearly 13 years to the day (October 29)
- This is the first game between two SEC teams that the show has attended this year. The only other show this year featuring an SEC team was Texas A&M hosting Clemson in Week 2.
- In the last 30 regular season shows, GameDay has been to two SEC conference games (Georgia-Florida and Alabama at Auburn)
- This is just the second top-10 matchup the show has attended this year (Ohio State at Penn State in Week 5)
College GameDay has Outstanding Offseason, Winning Three Sports Emmys
College GameDay continues to be recognized as sports media’s most successful studio show, as the premier pregame show was awarded the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Studio Show Weekly, winning that category for the fifth consecutive year and its eighth time overall in the category. The show’s journalism and operations technical expertise was also recognized, capturing Sports Emmys for Outstanding Short Feature and Outstanding Tech Team Studio. To date, the show has won 10 Emmys in the last 11 years.