As the regular season winds down, College GameDay Built by The Home Depot will head to Columbus for one of the most storied rivalries in college football as No. 10 Ohio State hosts No. 4 Michigan. The show will originate from outside the RPAC building from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. ET, before moving inside the stadium for the final hour. The traveling pregame show will air on ESPN, and simulcast on ESPNU. Live programming, including SportsCenter, will occur on Friday, Nov. 23, and leading into the show on Saturday morning.
Host Rece Davis, who is joined by Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, David Pollack and Maria Taylor, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi and Gene Wojciechowski.
- State of Ohio State– The Buckeyes have been tested both on the field and off this season… do they have enough in the tank to win out? Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- Michigan’s Revenge Tour– Motivated by a handful of 2017 defeats…this season the Wolverines look to avenge those losses and continue its revenge tour all the way to the CFP. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- UP Syndrome – Since Nick Saban came to Alabama in 2007, Tuscaloosa native Walt Gary, who has down syndrome, has been a fixture with the program. He meets with the head coach weekly to offer his prediction for the upcoming game. Reporter: Jen Lada
- The Best Damn Band in the Land – A look at how Ohio State’s famous marching band comes up with “animated” formations
Corso to Make Headgear Selection No. 324; College GameDay by the Numbers
Coach Corso will make headgear selection No. 324 this weekend in Columbus. The lovable personality now has a career record of 210-113, including 6-5 record this season.
- Corso is 7-3 when picking Michigan; 10-4 when picking against Michigan for a combined win/loss record of 17-7 in Michigan headgear
- He has picked against Michigan in both instances this year where GameDay has been present for a Michigan game
- Corso has picked Ohio State 27 times, which is second only to Alabama – he’s 19-8 with those headgear picks.
- He’s picked against Ohio State 15 times; is 6-9 in those games.
- Since losing five of six headgear picks, Corso has won three straight and will look for a season-long four-game winning streak this week.
- Corso is 2-1 in Michigan vs. Ohio State headgear picks in Columbus, and 3-0 in Michigan vs. Ohio State headgear picks in Ann Arbor
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- This is the fourth Michigan vs. Ohio State game in Columbus that GameDay has originated from
- This is the 31st time GameDay has originated from the site of a Michigan game
- The Wolverines are 15-15 with GameDay present, and have lost ten of the last 13 times GameDay has been present, dating back to the 2004 Rose Bowl
- Jim Harbaugh-coached teams are 1-6 with GameDay present (1-5 at Michigan).
- Michigan and Ohio State are the only teams to be featured three times this season on GameDay
- Both have had just one home game
- This is the 43rd time GameDay will originate from an Ohio State game – tying with Alabama for the most appearances at a GameDay site
- This is the fifth time the show has been to Columbus with Urban Meyer as head coach
- Ohio State is 2-2 in those four games and the two wins have come by 1 and 3 points
- This is GameDay’s 18th trip to Columbus – Ohio State is 12-5 with GameDay in town
College GameDay has Outstanding Offseason, Winning Three Sports Emmys
College GameDay continues to be recognized as sports media’s most successful studio show, as the premier pregame show was awarded the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Studio Show Weekly, winning that category for the fifth consecutive year and its eighth time overall in the category. The show’s journalism and operations technical expertise was also recognized, capturing Sports Emmys for Outstanding Short Feature and Outstanding Tech Team Studio. To date, the show has won 10 Emmys in the last 11 years.