- Kirk Herbstreit sits down with Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa
- LSU Head Coach Ed Orgeron to Join the GameDay Set
A Statement Saturday, indeed. With the first of CFP Top 25 rankings revealed and the first college football weekend of November, every game matters. College GameDay Built by The Home Depot heads to a top three matchup, as No. 1 Alabama rolls to Baton Rouge to face No. 3 LSU. The 356th road show will originate from The Quad on LSU’s campus, live on ESPN from 9 a.m. – noon ET, and simulcast on ESPNU.
Live programming, including SportsCenter and College Football Live, will occur throughout the day on Friday, Nov. 2, and leading into the show on Saturday morning.
Host Rece Davis, who is joined by Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, David Pollack and Maria Taylor, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi and Gene Wojciechowski.
In addition to GameDay, ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown will also head to Louisiana, as the three-hour NFL pregame show will originate from outside Manning’s Sports Car and Grill in Orleans, just down the street from the Mercedes Benz Superdome. Corso will join the Countdown crew to make a special headgear pick of the Rams-Saints game.
- Brian Kelly Conversation – Will Notre Dame be able to do enough behind QB Ian Book to stay the course and have a shot to capture a National Championship for the first time in three decades? Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- Coach O’s Inspiration – LSU Head Coach Ed Orgeron draws inspiration from the resolve and determination his wife Kelly has shown battling back after nearly losing her life in a medical emergency. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- In the “QB Room” with Tua – Herbie talks shop with ‘Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa about what he sees on the field and what’s led to his wildly successful season so far. Reporter: Kirk Herbstreit
Corso to Make Headgear Selection No. 321; College GameDay by the Numbers
Coach Corso will make headgear selection No. 321 this weekend in Baton Rouge. The lovable personality now has a career record of 207-113, including 4-5 record this season.
- Corso has lost his Week 10 pick each of the last three years – two of those three losing picks were LSU picks against Alabama.
- Corso has picked Alabama 29 times, more than any other team
- He’s 19-10 when picking the Tide, but just 3-3 in his last six instances
- Corso has picked against Alabama 10 times, eight of those coming in the Nick Saban era.
- He is 1-7 when picking against a Nick Saban-led Alabama team, including losses in each of his last five picks going against the Tide
- Corso has picked LSU 18 times; is 3-1 in headgear picks in Baton Rouge.
- He’s 12-6 when picking LSU, but has lost three straight and five of the last six times he’s put on the Tiger head
- He’s has picked against LSU eight times, going 5-3 in those eight, including wins in each of his last three games picking against LSU
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- This is road show 356 and headgear pick 321
- This is the 10th time GameDay has been to the Alabama-LSU game, breaking the tie with Ohio State-Penn State (9). Alabama has won all four meetings in Baton Rouge
- This is the 12th time GameDay will visit Baton Rouge; LSU has lost four of the last five, three of those four coming vs Alabama.
- Including bowls, this is the 60th meeting of top four teams that GameDay has attended. Five of the last seven were decided by 6 points or fewer.
- This is the 8th time GameDay has been present at the site of a No. 1 Alabama team on the road. The Tide are 4-3 in the previous seven such games.
- This is the 34th time GameDay has been present at the site of No. 1 on the road
College GameDay has Outstanding Offseason, Winning Three Sports Emmys
College GameDay continues to be recognized as sports media’s most successful studio show, as the premier pregame show was awarded the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Studio Show Weekly, winning that category for the fifth consecutive year and its eighth time overall in the category. The show’s journalism and operations technical expertise was also recognized, capturing Sports Emmys for Outstanding Short Feature and Outstanding Tech Team Studio. To date, the show has won 10 Emmys in the last 11 years.
Contact: [email protected]