College GameDay Built by the Home Depot will originate from Athens, Ga., for the fourth time in show history, ahead of No. 3 Georgia facing No. 7 Notre Dame. The three-hour pregame show (9 a.m. – noon ET), will be live from Myers Quad on Georgia’s campus.
College GameDay will air on ESPN and ESPNU as it does each Saturday throughout the season. Countdown to GameDay Live sponsored by Coca-Cola and Samsung QLED, will also be live on-site on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and the ESPN App, featuring ESPN college football reporter and analyst Maria Taylor, college football analyst David Pollack, Jason Fitz, and a number of college football analysts and reporters.
The show precedes a full slate of action across ESPN networks, beginning at noon ET. ABC Saturday Night Football will feature Oklahoma State facing No. 12 Texas. The game will air at 7:30 p.m., with Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Maria Taylor on the call.
- Follow the Leader: Since taking over at quarterback for Georgia as a true freshman, Jake Fromm has demonstrated leadership isn’t just a word to him, it’s a way of football life. (Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski)
- Mind Over Matter: Wisconsin running back, Jonathan Taylor has rushed for over 4,000 yards in his first two seasons with the Badgers, but in an effort to take his performance to the next level, the junior has adopted some unconventional training methods and a new mental approach to the game. (Reporter: Jen Lada)
- Blake Anderson: In the last eight years, only four programs in college football have won at least four conference titles, while going to eight bowl games – Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson… and Arkansas State. But this season, State’s head coach has faced greater loss than any record can measure. Blake Anderson took a leave of absence from his team to be with his wife Wendy, in her fight against cancer. As he returned, he discovered the power of his wife’s legacy, the caring of the college football community and the strength to face a season without her. (Reporter: Tom Rinaldi)
- This Saturday, Corso will make headgear pick no. 335
- Corso is 0-4 when picking Georgia – that’s the most number of times he has picked a team without being correct once
- He has picked against Georgia 15 times and is 9-6 with those 15 picks
- Corso is 6-4 when picking Notre Dame with his headgear pick; he is 9-5 when picking against Notre Dame
- He’s won four of the last five times he’s picked against Notre Dame
- Corso is 3-2 in headgear picks this season
- He’s 3-0 when picking the favorite and 0-2 when picking the underdog
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- This is GameDay’s fourth trip to Athens; Bulldogs are 1-2 in games that GameDay has attended in Athens.
- The 14 times Corso has picked against Notre Dame represents the second-most number of times he has picked against a team (picked against Oklahoma 18 times)
- Ranked SEC teams have won six straight non-conference home games in which GameDay has attended. Four of the last six have been decided by at least 21 points.