College GameDay Built by the Home Depot will originate from Gainesville, Fla., for the first time since 2012, ahead of an SEC clash between the No. 10 Gators and the No. 7 Auburn Tigers. The three-hour pregame show (9 a.m. – noon ET), will be live from Plaza of the Americas.
College GameDay will air on ESPN and ESPNU as it does each Saturday throughout the season. Countdown to GameDay Live sponsored by Coca-Cola and Samsung QLED, will also be live on-site on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and the ESPN App, featuring ESPN college football reporter and analyst Maria Taylor, college football analyst David Pollack, Jason Fitz, and a number of college football analysts and reporters.
The show precedes a full slate of action across ESPN networks, beginning at noon ET. ABC Saturday Night Football will feature No. 25 Michigan State at No. 4 Ohio State, airing at 7:30 p.m., with Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Maria Taylor on the call.
- The Trask at Hand – Until two games ago, quarterback Kyle Trask hadn’t started a varsity football game since, well, ever. Now, thanks to an uncommon sense of loyalty, he’s starting in one of Florida’s biggest games in years. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- How Gus Got His Groove Back – How much fun is Gus Malzahn having this season? Short answer: a lot. From taking back the play-calling duties to how he communicates with his players, to his locker room celebrations, Malzahn tells us how he’s tried to change, and why, in his seventh season at Auburn. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- Fields Day – Kirk Herbstreit sits down with Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields to talk embracing change, how the Buckeyes can become one of the best Ohio State teams ever, and managing the now sky-high expectations in Columbus. Reporter: Kirk Herbstreit
- Corso has picked Florida in 10 of his 11 previous headgear picks in Gainesville. He’s 7-3 in those 10 games.
- He is 14-7 when picking the Gators; 4-7 when picking against the Gators
- Corso is 6-5 when picking against Auburn and 4-2 when picking Auburn
- He hasn’t picked Auburn with a headgear pick since September 2010 when Auburn beat Clemson
- Corso is 5-2 in headgear picks this season – he was 3-4 through seven picks last year.
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- Saturday’s show is road show no. 372 and will be headgear pick no. 337
- This is the 12th time GameDay will originate from Gainesville. It’s the first time the show has been in Gainesville since October 20, 2012 when the show was there for another Top 10 SEC matchup
- Florida beat South Carolina that day, with a score of 44-11
- The Gators are 7-4 in the previous 11 games GameDay has attended in Gainesville.
- This is the third Auburn vs. Florida game the show has attended (2006, 1997)
- Favorites have won all seven games which GameDay has attended this season
- Upset alert? Auburn is currently a 3-point favorite over Florida.