College GameDay Built by the Home Depot will originate from State College this weekend, as No. 7 Penn State hosts No. 16 Michigan for a Big Ten showdown on ABC Saturday Night Football. The three-hour pregame show (9 a.m. – noon ET), will be live from HUB Lawn on Penn State’s campus.
College GameDay will air on ESPN and ESPNU as it does each Saturday throughout the season. Countdown to GameDay Live sponsored by Coca-Cola and Samsung QLED, will also be live on-site on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and the ESPN App, featuring ESPN college football reporter and analyst Maria Taylor, college football analyst David Pollack, ESPN Radio host Jason Fitz, and a number of college football analysts and reporters.
The show precedes a full slate of action across ESPN networks, beginning at noon ET. ABC Saturday Night Football will feature No. 7 Penn State for the second consecutive week, as the Nittany Lions host Big Ten opponent No. 16 Michigan. Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Maria Taylor will be on the call, with coverage beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Pony Success: From the Death Penalty to the Top 25 – a first-person introduction into one of college football’s seminal events, and how it took an SMU program more than 30 years to glue itself back together and become relevant again. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- Hurts So Good: For Jalen Hurts, it is less about the journey these days, and more about the destination. In a rare sit-down interview, the Oklahoma quarterback reflects on how everything he has been through has helped to shape everything he has become. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- Playing With a Purpose: Penn State’s Yetur Gross-Matos is one of the top defensive players in the country, and a potential first round draft pick, but before his college football career began in Happy Valley, his life was shaped by two unimaginable family tragedies. Reporter: Jen Lada
- Corso is 3-3 in headgear picks at Penn State. He is 3-2 when picking Penn State and 10-3 when picking against the Lions.
- Corso has picked Michigan 11 times and is 7-4 when picking the Wolverines – but has lost three of the last four instances. He’s picked against the Wolverines 14 times and is 10-4 when picking against Michigan.
- Corso is 7-2 in headgear picks this season; has won four in a row
- He last won five straight midway through the 2017 season
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- Saturday’s show is road show no. 374 and will be Corso’s 339th headgear pick
- This is GameDay’s seventh trip to Penn State. Including this week’s appearance, the show has now been to Penn State each of the last three seasons. The Lions are 3-3 with GameDay in town, including a one-point loss to Ohio State last year
- This is the third time GameDay will attend a Michigan vs. Penn State game. The Lions have won both of the previous meetings (1994, 2017)
- The last two times GameDay has been to a game involving a team ranked outside the Top 10 visiting a Top 10 team have both seen Michigan in that role. The Wolverines lost by 29 at Penn State and 14 at Wisconsin in 2017
- Will the bad luck omen of No. 7 strike again? Each of the three times this season GameDay has attended a game involving No.7, that team has lost. First it was Notre Dame at Georgia, then it was Auburn at Florida. Last week it was Florida at LSU. Can Penn State avoid the home upset this week?