- Texans-Raiders in First NFL Regular-Season Game in Mexico in 11 Years
- MNF’s Jon Gruden Joins the Sunday NFL Countdown Crew
Sunday NFL Countdown (ESPN, Sunday, Nov. 20, at 11 a.m. ET)
- Countdown, which debuted in 1985, will air its first regular-season road show, live from Chapultepec Park in Mexico City
- MNF’s Jon Gruden will join the set to share insight on three rookie quarterbacks – Dak Prescott (Cowboys), Carson Wentz (Eagles) and Jared Goff, named the Rams starting quarterback this week – who participated in his pre-NFL Draft talent assessment show, Gruden’s QB Camp.
Reporters for Sunday’s games:
- Ravens at Cowboys (Ed Werder)
- Titans at Colts (Sal Paolantonio)
- Cardinals at Vikings (Britt McHenry)
- Eagles at Seahawks (Josina Anderson)
- Dolphins at Rams (Shelley Smith)
- Packers at Redskins (Jeff Darlington)
- Arizona’s David Johnson has become one of the league’s best bargains in his second NFL season. Selected in the 3rd round of 2015 NFL Draft, he is the only player with 100 yards from scrimmage in every game this season. Jim Trotter visits with the break-out Cardinals running back who shares his secret move – the jump-cut – with
- Jay Ajayi and the Dolphins Offensive Line: Running back Jay Ajayi started his first game with the Dolphins in week 5. The next two weeks, he became the fourth NFL player to have 200 yards from scrimmage in back-to-back weeks. Countdown crew and reporter Jeff Darlington had an all-access pass as the grateful running back took members of the Dolphins offensive line out to dinner.
- Sunday Soundtracks: Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin and defensive end Cameron Heyward, wired for in-game audio during the team’s week 9 home loss to the Dallas Cowboys, will be the subjects of Sunday Soundtracks.
- Countdown Cam: New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings takes viewers behind the scenes for an inside look as he prepares to face the visiting Chicago Bears.
- Dallas Cowboys Rally in Mexico City: The Dallas Cowboys are by far the most popular NFL team in Mexico. Last Sunday, SportsCenter news anchor Antonietta “Toni” Collins spent the day in Mexico City at a Cowboys fan rally before the team’s 35-30 victory at the Steelers. (Collins’ piece is part of weekend SportsCenter series focusing on the NFL in Mexico.)
Monday Night Countdown (Monday, Nov. 14, at 6 p.m., ESPN)
Hosts Suzy Kolber and Berman with analysts Dilfer, Hasselbeck, Moss, Woodson and Steve Young preview the Texans-Raiders MNF game from Estadio Azteca in Mexico City. NFL Insider Schefter will report league news and updates. Former Raiders quarterback Jim Plunket will be Berman’s NFL legends guest, joining the legendary broadcaster throughout the show from Mexico City.
- Abby Wambach and Raiders Kicking Duo: In her first feature for ESPN, Abby Wambach, the former U.S. Women’s National Team star and captain, travels to Oakland to join the Raiders kicking duo – Marquette King and Sebastian Janikowski – in a kicking contest.
- Conversation with Derek Carr: The quarterback for the 7-2 Oakland Raiders, Derek Carr, sits for a one-on-one conversation with ESPN’s Keyshawn Johnson.
- Sport Science: Host John Brenkus and ESPN Sport Science explore the impact of the high altitude of Estadio Azteca and Mexico City on the Texans and Raiders players.
- Steve Levy: SportsCenter anchor Steve Levy will share his thoughts on the unique setting and pageantry of a National Football League game in Mexico City.
- John Sutcliffe: Mexico City-based ESPN Deportes MNF sideline reporter John Sutcliffe will share a local’s perspective on the NFL in Mexico’s most-populous city.
- Sergio Dipp: ESPN Mexico SportsCenter anchor and NFL studio host Sergio Dipp pens an essay on the state of American football in Mexico.
Monday Night Football from Estadio Azteca: Houston Texans vs. Oakland Raiders (8:15 p.m., ESPN)
Brock Osweiler and the Houston Texans will face Derek Carr and the Oakland Raiders in the first NFL regular-season game in Mexico City in 11 years on Monday Night Football on Nov. 21 at Estadio Azteca.
- Commentators: ESPN – Sean McDonough, Jon Gruden and reporter Lisa Salters; ESPN Deportes – Alvaro Martin, Raul Allegre and reporters Ciro Procuna and Sergio Dipp.
- ESPN Deportes Radio: Kenneth Garay, Sebastian Martinez Christensen and reporter Antonio Valle.
ESPN Radio: NFL Doubleheader Sunday – Titans at Colts and Dolphins at Rams
- Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts (12 p.m.). Commentators: Adam Amin, Bill Polian and reporter Sal Paolantonio
- Miami Dolphins at Los Angeles Rams (4 p.m.). Commentators: Jason Benetti, Mark Schlereth and reporter Shelley Smith
ESPN.com’s coverage NFL’s return to Mexico after 11 years features comprehensive content leading up to the Texans-Raiders Monday Night Football game.