ESPN NFL Highlights for Week 13:
- Early start for ESPN’s Sunday NFL shows – NFL Insiders: 9 a.m. ET, Sunday NFL Countdown: 10 a.m.
- Exclusive announcement of 2016 Heisman Trophy finalists on Monday Night Countdown
Sunday NFL Countdown (ESPN, Dec. 4, at 10 a.m. ET)
Reporters for Sunday’s games:
- Chiefs at Falcons (Britt McHenry)
- Lions at Saints (Ed Werder)
- Dolphins at Ravens (Sal Paolantonio)
- Giants at Steelers (Josina Anderson)
- Panthers at Seahawks (Jeff Darlington)
NOTE: NFL Insiders: Sunday Edition (9 a.m. ET) – with host Trey Wingo, Mark Dominik, Louis Riddick and Schefter – and Countdown start one hour earlier this week to accommodate the College Football Playoff Selection Special which starts at 12p ET.
- NFL Custom Cleats – Reporter Jim Trotter and producer Dominique Goodridge profile Kickasso (aka Troy Cole) and Corey Pane, two artists behind the growing trend of custom cleats worn by NFL players like Von Miller and Antonio Brown. In week 13, the NFL is allowing players to wear custom cleats as part of the #MyCauseMyCleats campaign. Preview. Kickasso and Pane will also join the Countdown crew in-studio to display some of their latest designs.
- Landon Collins: ESPN NFL analyst Ryan Clark – in his first feature for Countdown – hits the practice field with Giants safety Landon Collins, whom he worked with in the offseason, to discuss the training regimen and how their offseason sessions have helped Collins become the first safety in Giants history to be named NFC Defensive Player of the Month.
- Countdown Cam – Packers Devante Adams: Fresh off his breakout MNF performance against the Eagles, Packers wide receiver Devante Adams gives viewers an inside look at his preparation for the Texans game.
- Kirk Herbstreit: ESPN’s lead college football analyst will join Woodson, the 1997 Heisman Trophy winner, to preview ESPN’s College Football Playoff: Top 25 Selection Show(noon-4 p.m. ET), which follows
Monday Night Countdown (Dec. 5, at 6 p.m., ESPN)
- Exclusive Announcement of 2016 Heisman Trophy Finalists: College GameDay’s Rece Davis and Desmond Howard join Woodson at MetLife Stadium to reveal the 2016 Heisman Trophy finalists.
- Mike Adams: Colts safety Mike Adams loves to attend high school football on Friday nights, watching young players live out their gridiron dreams each week. Countdown feature reporter Michelle Beisner-Buck sits with Adams to talk about how his high school coach and the death of his mother impacted his career.
- Gruden’s Grill Session with Leonard Williams: MNF’s Jon Gruden discusses the Jets season with defensive end Leonard Williams.
Monday Night Football – Colts at Jets (8:15 p.m., ESPN)
Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts face the New York Jets on Monday Night Football on Dec. 5 at 8:15 p.m.
- Commentators: ESPN – Sean McDonough, Jon Gruden and reporter Lisa Salters; ESPN Deportes – Alvaro Martin, Raul Allegre and reporter John Sutcliffe
ESPN Radio: NFL Doubleheader Sunday – Texans at Packers and Giants at Steelers
- Houston Texans at Green Bay Packers (12 p.m.). Commentators: Marc Kestecher and Mark Schlereth.
- Y. Giants at Pittsburgh Steelers (4 p.m.). Commentators: Adam Amin, Bill Polian and reporter Ian Fitzsimmons.
Oakland Raiders Quarterback Derek Carr on Cover of ESPN The Magazine’s New NFL Chemistry Issue
In the midst of a breakout season, Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr gives credit to his offensive line in ESPN The Magazine‘s new NFL Chemistry Issue, on newsstands Friday. The story explores the dynamic Carr has with his line—both on and off the field—and how that plays out in the locker room. Story. Cover.