Sunday NFL Countdown (ESPN, Dec. 18, at 10 a.m. ET)
Reporters for Sunday’s games:
- Titans at Chiefs (Jeff Darlington)
- Steelers at Bengals (Britt McHenry)
- Lions at Giants (Josina Anderson)
- Patriots at Broncos (Sal Paolantonio)
- Buccaneers at Cowboys (Ed Werder)
The Jugs Machine: Reporter Greg Garber examines the evolution of the jugs machine and how NFL players like Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Landon Collins and David Johnson use the devise to improve their skills. Countdown’s Randy Moss will demonstrate the art of training with a jugs machine.
- Tom Brady’s Demeanor: Sunday’s Soundtracks looks back through the years at how Patriots quarterback Tom Brady displays his on-field emotions. The Countdown panel will then discuss Brady’s intense in-game demeanor.
- DeMarco Murray: In a candid interview with reporter Marty Smith, Titans running back DeMarco Murray discusses his three roller-coaster NFL seasons – from NFL Offensive Player of the Year with the Cowboys in 2014, to struggles with the Eagles in then-head coach Chip Kelly’s system, and now his resurgence in Tennessee.
- Countdown Cam – Adam Jones: Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones takes viewers inside his game day routine as he prepares for the visiting AFC North Division rival Pittsburgh Steelers.
Monday Night Countdown (Dec. 19, at 6 p.m., ESPN)
Tom Jackson, who partnered with Chris Berman for 29 years on ESPN’s signature NFL studio shows – Sunday NFL Countdown, Monday Night Countdown and NFL Primetime (1987-2005) – before retiring in August, returns to Bristol on Monday as Berman’s NFL legends guest. The duo will reunite and reminisce in-studio throughout the two-hour show.
- Jamison Crowder: Washington wide receiver Jamison Crowder shares the lessons he’s learned from his younger brother, Jamaris, who has a non-verbal form of Down Syndrome, and what it means to see him in the stands at games. Countdown’s Michelle Beisner-Buck reports.
- Gruden’s Grill Session with Josh Norman: Before he faces his former team for the first time, Redskins cornerback Josh Norman sits for a one-on-one interview with MNF’s Jon Gruden.
- Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant: Golden State Warriors teammates Stephen Curry, a Charlotte native who roots for the Panthers, and Kevin Durant, who grew up in the Washington, D.C. area and cheers for the Redskins, discuss their favorite teams before they play on MNF. The duo will also preview their Christmas Day NBA Finals rematch vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers, which will air on ABC.
Monday Night Football – Panthers at Redskins (8:15 p.m., ESPN)
Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers face Kirk Cousins and the Washington Redskins on Monday Night Football on Dec. 19 at 8:15 p.m.
- Commentators: ESPN – Sean McDonough, Jon Gruden and reporter Lisa Salters; ESPN Deportes – Alvaro Martin, Raul Allegre and reporter John Sutcliffe.
ESPN Radio: NFL Doubleheader Sunday – Lions at Giants and Patriots at Broncos
- Detroit Lions at New York Giants (12 p.m.). Commentators: Marc Kestecher and Chris Canty.
- New England Patriots at Denver Broncos (4 p.m.). Commentators: Adam Amin, Bill Polian and reporter Ian Fitzsimmons.