Photos via ESPN Images
- Features on McCourty Twins, Rams RB C.J. Anderson, Drew Brees’ Touchdown Balls, Mahomes’ Hair, and more
- Chris Berman, Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson Reunite on Sunday Night’s NFL PrimeTime
ESPN coverage of the NFL Conference Championship Weekend will include a special three-hour Postseason NFL Countdown on Sunday at 12 p.m. ET. Sam Ponder hosts with Matt Hasselbeck, Randy Moss, Rex Ryan, Charles Woodson, Louis Riddick, Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter live from ESPN’s Bristol, Conn. studios.
- The McCourty Twins: When the Browns released Jason McCourty in the offseason, his twin brother, Patriots safety Devin McCourty, sent a text to head coach Bill Belichick that simply read: ‘Two McCourtys are better than one’. Now teammates in New England, the McCourty twins are a game away from playing in the Super Bowl together. Jac Collinsworth reports.
- C. J. Anderson: Three teams – the Broncos, Raiders and Panthers – released running back C.J. Anderson this season. After rushing for 299 yards in the Rams’ last two regular season games, Anderson delivered 123 yards and two touchdowns against the Cowboys last week. ESPN’s Keyshawn Johnson visits with the Super Bowl 50-winning running back to discuss his resurgence.
- Drew Brees’ TD Balls: Saints quarterback Drew Brees has signed and gifted a ball to every player who has caught one of his touchdown passes. Reporter Chris Connelly shares the story.
- Mahomes’ Hair: ESPN’s Johnson explores the hairstyle that is taking Kansas City by storm as young fans are modeling their hairdo after the Chiefs’ starting quarterback.
ESPN reporters for the Conference Championship games:
- Josina Anderson (Rams) and Dianna Russini (Saints)
- Jeff Darlington (Patriots) and Sal Paolantonio (Chiefs)
|Sat, Jan 19||8:30 a.m.||NFL Matchup||ESPN2|
|Sun, Jan 20||4:00 a.m.||NFL Matchup (re-air)||ESPN|
|6:30 a.m.||NFL Matchup (re-air)||ESPN|
|7:00 a.m.||Super Bowl XLIV Highlights – New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts||ESPN2|
|7:30 a.m.||NFL’s Greatest Games: Super Bowl LI – New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons||ESPN2|
|12 p.m.||Postseason NFL Countdown presented by Snickers||ESPN|
|10 p.m.||NFL PrimeTime||ESPN|
On Sunday night, Chris Berman and Tom Jackson will reunite on NFL PrimeTime (10 p.m.) with Keyshawn Johnson, offering full highlights and recaps of both Conference Championship games. Berman and Jackson – one of the most popular duos in sports television history – worked together on PrimeTime every NFL Sunday from 1987-2005 in addition to partnering on ESPN’s Countdown shows for nearly 30 years, including 2007-15 with Johnson.
ESPN coverage of the Conference Championships also includes:
- NFL Matchup (Saturday, 8:30 a.m. ET, ESPN2, and 4 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., ESPN) will preview all four weekend games with host Sal Paolantonio and analysts Matt Bowen and Greg Cosell.
- ESPN’s NFL Nation reporters and com writers continue to cover the Conference Championships from every angle. Top stories this week: Kevin Van Valkenburg’s The myth of the Patriots underdog status; Lindsey Thiry’s profile of Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman; Ian O’Connor on how Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes inherited clutch genes from his father.